One year on MFP, lost 75 lbs (with pics)

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look great and I am sure feel amazing.
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for collecting and sharing all your data. I found that bit about your day-to-day weight going up 40% of the time especially encouraging. You've done a great job and keep up the good work!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!!! thank you for sharing!!
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration .. great job keeping the steady weight loss!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you kind and encouraging words.
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    CONGRATS! TRUE INSPIRATION!
  • larryc0923
    Options
    One other piece of information for those people that weigh themselves once a week. I studied the one year of data (~ 350 measurements) and even with a steady long term weight loss (say averaging 1 to 1.5 lb a week) and determined that weekly are higher about 25% of the time. For example in a typical month with 4 weekly weigh-ins on average 1 of 4 these measurements were higher than the previous week. So do not despair the other 3 weeks will be under.
  • larryc0923
    Options
    Wow! Just wow!! Reading your story is a true inspiration for me to keep at it daily and to not let the fluxuating scale numbers get me down. I have to admit it...I'm a habitual scale stepper. I feel the need to weigh in every day. And I do get upset when I see the numbers go up instead of down when I know I have been sticking to my plan. Thank you for all your encouraging words. Also seeing your pictures of transformation over the year is a boost to all of us here at MFP!! Keep working toward your goals!

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, some people are frequent scale measurement personalities and others less so. In any case the key is stay on track logging and on average stay under your daily target. If this is done for a long time then weight will be lost.
  • larryc0923
    Options
    Once again thanks to everyone for their kind words. One other key observation I have made in this year long experiment is if you want to see if you are going to lose weight then monitor your weekly net averge calories (you can easily see that on the app). If this is under your target then you will lose weight. If it is at least 20% under your target then you will lose weight at least by your target weight loss rate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!