LOOKING FOR BUDDIES - WOMEN OVER 50

Options

Replies

• Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I turn 50 next month. I have been on MFP for 6 weeks and have lost 15 lbs. I have about 40 more to go!
  • sef218
    sef218 Posts: 9
    Options
    what is a beck deck? I am willing to try anything that is helping. I too love to eat. I start off every day doing well then something always messes me up
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hello. Looking for some buddies for encouragement that are 50 and over. I'm 53 and having trouble getting my motivation going.

Add me. I'm over 50 (59). I'm super motivated, log every day, am learning to run... plus I'm immature for my age. No granny stuff for me. :laugh:
  • rhondar610
    rhondar610 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started using MFP a couple of months ago. I'll be 55 this year and would love to join a group of women over 50! Friend me if you'd like.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm an MFP old timer.... feel free to add!
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    please add me. I am 57 and weight loss is so slow for me despite my being very vigilant. I need as much motivation to continue sometimes as I can get.
  • Carmela1959
    Options
    Hi There, I'd like to be your mfp buddy. Im 53 also, and I have a little bit about myself on my profile page if your interested. I think we can help each other reach our goals, and that's what it is all about. Have a great weekend! Carmela
  • icandiane
    icandiane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me... anyone! I'm 51 and fairly new here. Same story as many: was always very thin & never "dieted" in my life. Desk job past 10 years, pounds packed on, not sure if they'll ever come off but tired of looking in the mirror not recognizing myself. Need to lose about 50 pounds! Not the most disciplined person, but giving this all I've got.
  • Redptlmtd
    Redptlmtd Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 50 in a few months!! :) It's great to get some support!! I will send you a request!!
  • CurlyJo53
    CurlyJo53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am turning 55 this summer and I have been using MFP for quite a while. I reached my goal and am currently in maintenance mode! I still use this site daily to help maintain.
  • happygal
    happygal Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 60 looking at 61 this summer. I joined a few years ago but never really did anything with MFP. I want/need to take off my age in weight. I want to be able to stay active with the grandkids and the activities I presently do, because I know I am now at a point where if I DON'T do something, my health will begin to fail. I know I have to do this! I need to find a way to get on track and develop new better eating and exercising habits so I can be active the rest of my life. I can focus on being unhealthy and how that would make me feel but to me that is a negative way to approach this "new normal". Ideas? Let's do this together! :wink:
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and know what it's like to have to get to know my body and metabolism all over again. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm double-nickled and am back to MFP to re-route my life. You can add me if you like.
  • Leh421
    Leh421 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello. I am 51. Just started MFP on Monday. I feel that I may be able to stick with this one. I love your topic-Women over 50. Wow, guess I am in that group now. Honestly, never even thought about joining a support group for this, but your topic has inspired me, too. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • happygal
    happygal Posts: 5
    Options
    OK LADIES! I just signed up for a five K walk. It is in two weeks at our local zoo. I challenge you to do this also. Walks are non-competitive, and you can go as fast or as slow as you want. Make your goal simply to FINISH. I did one last year but none since then. I AM MAKING A CHANGE starting today. Just one change. I challenge you to do the same.

Let's hear what you are going to do! What's your one change going to be?
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. I need a few friends too. I've been on MFP for a month now and I track daily. Even though I have been at or around my calorie quota every day, I haven't lost very much weight. Just the same, I feel different and I think that my clothes are just a little bit looser. We all need a little encouragement sometimes, so please feel free to add me. I'm 57 and have about 20-25 pounds to lose. (Maybe more, but I just don't know it yet.)
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    I am fairly new too. Just over 40 days. I will be 50 in july. I log in daily. feel free to add me. I need friends too!
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I'm 57 and seriously need to get SERIOUS about this weight loss thing. It's soooooooo hard to do -- I need friends who are in the same boat that I'm in.
  • madacali
    madacali Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I'm 60 and started MFP in April. Support is good.