Options
2»

Replies

• olliecbr900
    Options
    Watch Skinny on obesity on youtube and read Fat Chance by Robert Lustig
  • olliecbr900
    Options
    Food Industry has about fifty different names for sugar and does its best to hide it.
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You should make a custom recipe then here so it counts it properly. :D
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Recent science damns fructose pretty strongly. Watch "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

It's a lecture explaining how our bodies process fructose differently from other sugars. Control your fructose intake and it will be easier to lose the weight. In the lecture it's recommended to only eat whole fruits, not juices or concentrates. Independently of my watching the video, hubby's doctor has told him to go off fruit juice and limit his fruit intake because his triglycerides were going up. You don't need to avoid fruit altogether but lean toward eating vegetables instead.
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great advice from everybody, as usual. Thanks guys and gals!
  • lyndseykocher
    lyndseykocher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sodium is my demon. I love pickles and nuts.

** That sort of sounds wrong. :D
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sodium is my demon. I love pickles and nuts.

** That sort of sounds wrong. :D

No it sounds just right, you perv! :)
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you want to lower the salt in salted nuts, but not affect the taste - you can get salted and unsalted and mix them together yourself. If they are like peanuts/cashews, etc that you eat by the handful rather than one by one, the effect is less noticeable than you might think, but helps cut back on extra sodium. You can start with a higher salted mix 75/25 and wean yourself down so your palate adjusts.

I hate pickles, so I have no advice there, lol.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I stopped tracking my sugar altogether because I became really paranoid about it when really the only thing making me go over was fruit.
  • hollyellard
    hollyellard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, the fruits from sugar are natural, you do not have to worry about that. It does make it hard to keep track of accurately on this sometimes.