Down 120 lbs - Then and now :)

Options
rjh1975
rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
So, because I was so overweight for so long, I've got a lot of extra skin around my stomach. It's getting better, slowly, but it's been a big source of frustration for me. I've got really strong abs but nobody looking at me would ever guess that because they're hidden :P Well, I took this shot today and, for the first time, I feel like I'm maybe starting to get a little bit of definition! I'm not expecting miracles, and I know my belly will never be "beautiful", but it's nice to get to "see" some of my hard work paying off :)

Stats for those who want to know:

Height: 5'6"
SW: 252 lbs
CW:132.5 lbs

I've been working out for about 15 months now and using MFP for about 11 months. I have a trainer who I see twice a week and I'm currently training for a half marathon (so running 5 days/week). I can't believe how strong and amazing I feel and I can't believe I let myself be so overweight for so long!

0afa099a-e9b0-4727-9e32-d3843074bf95_zps2d9068cc.jpg

Replies

• Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Keep up the good work. Something I read alot here on MFP that helps me out is knownig that I didn't get big/fat overnight, so the results won't happen overnight either. So, just keep doing what you are doing. I am sure those efforts will pay off soon.
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration for those of us who are still early on in this journey. Wow!!!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WOWZER!!!! You look amazing!
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That is inspiring and wonderful. Congratulations.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think your belly looks great. And it might sound strange, but you've got lovely shoulders.

You should be proud- you've lost a whole small person! You're awesome!
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I KNOW it doesn't matter what others think but you really do. Don't be too hard on yourself- you've come a long way :) Cheers to you! :flowerforyou:
  • 3_is_enough
    3_is_enough Posts: 25
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!
  • milaguz
    milaguz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great job. I think your stomach looks beautiful!
  • lildee0216
    lildee0216 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're an amazing inspiration!!! LOVE IT & Happy Running!!!!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wow. Similar starting weight to me so it is good to see somebody reach their target and look so well.
  • shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. You give me such hope because one of my major fears is loose skin. I just started my journey and after seeing your progress and pics I am not so worried about it. You look beautiful and after what your body has been through your stomach looks amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    dang girl! you look amazing! such an inspiration.
  • khyman
    khyman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks.
  • bizzyeck
    bizzyeck Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a great job!
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    understand that your stomach already IS "beautiful" (so many of the images we see of bodies are photoshopped...even people who were always thin have "imperfections" on their stomachs)

also, u look amazing--seriously, so tall and strong looking--proud of U! and even when u were a higher weight, u had a very beautiful face and figure, so not surprised u ended up even MORE lovely. cheers!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on all your hard work
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look terrific. No one's stomach is perfect, btw... most of the images we see are, like some one said prior, Photoshopped. You are a beautiful woman and should be very proud of your hard word and achievement. You are an inspiration to us all.
  • FionaDFair
    FionaDFair Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You have done so well!! I'll second the comment about having nice shoulders - great definition in your shoulders and arms. I'm still working on my tummy too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!