Hello from Northwest Indiana

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
Hey there... My name is Mark, I'm 32, married and a daddy of two kiddos (4 & 2). I've struggled with my weight my entire life and as of January of this year, I was at my heaviest at over 350lbs. Today, 5 months later, I'm 313lbs. I started using MFP by a recommendation of my buddy Stingeroo who's lost an amazing 200lbs just this year!!
My family history includes diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure and on top of that, I'm sitting behind a desk for 50+ hours/week. I was eating like I was in my 20's and never ever counted calories OR exercised. Today, I'm a calorie counting fool!!... lol
I told my wife my goal for my 35th birthday was to be able to go go-karting on one of the high speed karts where you have to sign waivers because of how fast they go. The suggested weight is <250lbs and I've got just over two years to get there. I've had a gradual weight loss of 3lbs per week so that's totally obtainable goal.
Anyway... this is a great community and I love the app and website. Thanks for reading.

Mark

Replies

• shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss so far. Great job & good luck to you. Stay positive & you can do it. :)
  • Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good job on your loss so far, you have some good motivation. Keep positive and you will be go- karting soon....it's a blast so that's a great thing to look forward to. Good Luck!