Really thick question alert!

Options
Ok so I just don't understand! When you lose weight - where does it go? where does the skin go?

I know its really thick but I'm always asking this to mates etc and no one ever really gives me an answer!?

XX

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The short answer is that our bodies convert molecules in fat cells to usable forms of energy, thus shrinking the cells.

If you lose weight at a slow pace - the skin (elastic like) will return to normal state as your body shrinks. If you lose too fast you end up with baggy skin :/

Yes I looked it up LOL
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    In addition to what the pp said, a lot of the weight we lose comes off as sweat and/or is flushed down the toilet.
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you lol! Its just really hard to think (or even imagine) my skin getting 'smaller' ! I think its amazing how well people on here are doing though and can physically see it does - i just cant think it about myself lol!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you're really big, your skin does stretch some and can sag for awhile. Remember, though, it's a living organ and will rebuild. Also, putting muscle under your skin instead of the fat will keep everything nice looking sooner.