Getting more difficult to shift the weight

jetinder
jetinder Posts: 31 Member
I started losing weight on the 20th Jan. I'd basically decided "enough is enough, I'm 41 and must do something about being so heavy". I started at a very high 147 kg (about 323lbs).

15 weeks later and I've just cracked 119kg (262lbs).

But I've definitely noticed it getting tougher and tougher the last month to keep up the loss in weight. What is spurring me on though is that my kids are noticing it and saying "you've only got a medium tummy daddy". For them, I am going to keep it up.

For me, I stopped drinking fizzy pop and reduced my evening meal down to a handful or two of fruit, plus walking an hour or so a day. I generally tend to have bacon, eggs and tomatoes for breakfast and a decent low carb lunch that tastes good (steak is great!). I use myfitnesspal to work out how bad/good a meal is and take it from there. If we want to eat out at the weekend, well, we do!

For me, I think it's important that I don't change my life totally when losing weight, if the weight doesn't go down half a kilo a day, well, it will a day or two later.

I want to lose another 19kg by August, which I know I can do. Keeping it off will be the difficult part, but I'm determined that with the continued support from my family, I can.

Jet

p.s I'll take an "after" picture when I reach the magical 100kg mark :-)

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    well done and continue the journey. Remember this is about best health:smile: weight loss will come along the way as we all work on healthy intake and activity:flowerforyou:
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    well done and continue the journey. Remember this is about best health:smile: weight loss will come along the way as we all work on healthy intake and activity:flowerforyou:

I agree ^^

Great job on your progress so far!! You should be proud :) The closer we get to goal - the harder it does get. Just when we think we have it down our bodies say "hey wait a minute here!" LOL Keep up your positive attitude, hug your family for their awesome support and keep on trucking!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    motivation comes and goes unfortunately. i even took basically a full year off of my journey. you've done a great job so far. keep up the good work!
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Diddo: Well done. You will be there for your children. Eat more vegetables, especially because the more color; the more nutrients. That will keep you health prime.
  • Great job!!
    And keep up on the low carb thing. You will continue to lose weight and feel great.
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I actually feel better for it.

jet
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Wow I think you've achieved a huge amount in a short space time. Remember that!! And as long as its coming off doesn't matter how fast now, the main thing is going in the right direction and trying to be healthier!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!