Cutting out Alcohol

Options
I need to cut out acohol from my diet..

As anyone notice that this has helped them loose weight?

Replies

• _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    It really helps me to lose weight my problem is not just the extra calorie intake from the alcohol but when I drink I eat as well so I get a double hit that's why I've pretty much given up all alcohol for a while
  • hayleygirl01
    hayleygirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    im the same way, last night I went out and all i wanted was a burger to cure my drunk munchies..

but i told myself no and had egg whites and turkey instead lol
  • be_runner
    be_runner Posts: 20
    Options
    I've put booze on serious hold (save for this week). I drink once a week sometimes less because once I start drinking I can't stop myself from eating everything, both the day I drink and then the next day to "cure" my hangover. Plus I am way more likely to skip the next days work out if I drank the night before.
  • jon1289
    jon1289 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You will almost certainly lose weight cutting down or cutting out alcohol....plus it's more healthy too! I have reduced my intake considerably so whilst I still enjoy an odd glass of wine or a couple of beers, that is just what it is. The odd glass. Makes it taste that much better too :)
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I would binge drink a few times a week, up until a month ago, and did so for the year prior (moved to the beach, work from home- our way of getting out of the house, winding down, and enjoying the sun). Mostly vodka sodas, so calories just from the alcohol. I'd also do shots on the weekends (fireball- sugary!). I didn't eat many calories (prob around 1200) so I thought that limiting alchy would make me drop weight fast! For the past month, I've dropped only 6lbs. I'm sure a lot of it was due to limiting alcohol, but I also started working out more and making healthier food choices.

Basically, I think it has everything to do with how often you drink, and especially, WHAT you drink. For me, it didn't give me anywhere near the results I expected.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You can if you want to.

I personally don't drink all week and then I get absolutely annihilated one night a week. Is it good for me? No.

But do I stay lean and attractive? Yes.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to have 2-3 Light Beers every night.... I'm down to MAYBE 1 or 2 per week. And that's only if I've had a really good week. I've cut out booze and regular pop and saw a significant drop in my weight. I won't deny that I'll still have the occasional beer or even drunk night, but I make sure that if I know I'm going to be going out that night, I'll keep my daily intake low so i have the calories to have 6 at the bar if I want. And when I go to the bar instead of getting pub nachos or chips I'll order a veggie platter and lightly salt them because all I really want is crunchy salty food!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It's helped me because when I get drunk I tend to not give a *kitten* and I throw moderation out the window. I have not completely cut it out, just cut back a bit.