New and saying Hello

Options
Loriel
Loriel Posts: 19 Member
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I am new to the site (although I joined quite a while ago, I did nothing with it). I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the amount I have to lose but I will succeed.

Replies

• Katie60
    Katie60 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new here too... Good Luck!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hey ladys just wanna say keep to it, even with plateau's and you will suceed..I have lost 141 pounds with the help of this site, the reason my ticker say 137 is because I am going on vacation this weekend and celebrating to many things. think I will change my ticker a week after I get back..Keep your heads up and stay positive!!!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is really great. Don't worry about the amount of weight you have to lose, take it step by step and set small achievable goals to reach the bigger target, You'll get there in the end! My advice is to add lots of friends who are at different stages in the weight loss process. They'll be able to give you advice and encouragement the entire way along, and you get to a stage where on that bad day you eat healthily not only for yourself but because you don't want to let them down! :) Best of luck!!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted! We will do this together!!
  • Loriel
    Options
    Thanks and glad to see there are other newbies
  • Loriel
    Options
    Hey ladys just wanna say keep to it, even with plateau's and you will suceed..I have lost 141 pounds with the help of this site, the reason my ticker say 137 is because I am going on vacation this weekend and celebrating to many things. think I will change my ticker a week after I get back..Keep your heads up and stay positive!!!

Congrats on the weight loss and it is great to see inspirational people. Way to go!
  • Loriel
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is really great. Don't worry about the amount of weight you have to lose, take it step by step and set small achievable goals to reach the bigger target, You'll get there in the end!

I try to take small steps like 5 or 10 pounds but the other 110 just keep popping up in the way to remind me that they are there lol.
  • Loriel
    Options
    So glad you posted! We will do this together!!

I will succeed. I want to take the inspiration I have received from my daughter and make her proud of me like I am of her.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is really great. Don't worry about the amount of weight you have to lose, take it step by step and set small achievable goals to reach the bigger target, You'll get there in the end!

I try to take small steps like 5 or 10 pounds but the other 110 just keep popping up in the way to remind me that they are there lol.

:laugh: haha Yea, I get like that too sometimes. I really find that I start to enjoy it as I go along though so it's not too bad!. Have you seen the Lose 5lbs a month Challenge on here? It's really helped me. I end up lying in bed at night thinking of what weight I'll be each month if I make 5lbs and it really is exciting! And then I end up dreaming of a skinny me :blushing: I like setting target deadlines. If i miss it, I'm still better off than I was! It just keeps me focused!
    I think it's important to congratulate yourself on every loss no matter how small. If you lose 0.5lbs, then that's 0.5lbs lighter than you were before! If you just keep going you'll get there in the end! It's more fun to think about how much you've lost rather than how much you have to lose. Good Luck!...although I'm sure you don't need it! :happy: