Replies

• TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just break up...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    remind him...as others have said it's so you don't get disappointed.

if it's important enough to you to make a post about it...it's important enough that you really deep down inside want him to (this is not a criticism...because i am the same way)

the only way people get on the same page is by being upfront and communicating.

Ditto. And Happy Anniversary! :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Drop the old date, and save the gift as a wedding present. Celebrate your wedding date as the new anniversary from now on.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Men don't set out to disappoint the women they love. If you want to celebrate your last pre-wedding anniversary, tell him. Ask him what he thinks. Maybe he's wondering the same thing. And totally get used to reminding him about important dates. Even when someone knows something is coming, knowing you're also excited about it makes it that much more meaningful. (And if they forgot, they'll be thankful for a loving reminder.)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    How can it be your anniversary if you are not married?

technically an anniversary is the annual recurring date of any event. they started dating on may 5th 3 years ago so that is their third anniversary. my husband and i started dating on july 11th. he asked me to marry him on december 11th. we got married on may 7th. those are all anniversaries.

never mind that i had to look all of them up on his calendar except our wedding anniversary ;-)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Remind him 20x a day. Let him know you're super excited about it. The more excited he thinks you are, the better the gift.

Real attractive there, trolling for gifts. Gifts don't matter. It's about being together. My hubby and I go out to dinner ( if we remember), we don't buy gifts. We tell each other how glad we are with our life partner choice.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How can it be your anniversary if you are not married?

:huh: Really?

My thought is to forget about gifts. Do something special and inexpensive together.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else.

Then, ask him (or, you do it) to program every date you want him to remember in his phone with reminder alerts...anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Do you think open and honest communication is a good thing? Then definitely you should tell him. Not telling him smacks of game-playing and a set-up for drama.
  • iysys
    Options
    Do you think open and honest communication is a good thing? Then definitely you should tell him. Not telling him smacks of game-playing and a set-up for drama.

yep, what he said
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'll drop a hint, thanks guys!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    tell him...then tell him again.
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    of course you should at least hint. Us men, when we forget things that happen once a year, it doesnt mean we love you less, and we dont want to disappoint our SO. Some of us are just forgetful. Some of us have a hard time keeping things organized in our own head, and some us like, like me, just don't have any damn sense. Although I always remember my anniversary, wife's birthday, and valentines day. Sweetest day is the one that gets me.

P.S. My 6 year anniversary is on May 5th as well
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Remind him 20x a day. Let him know you're super excited about it. The more excited he thinks you are, the better the gift.

Real attractive there, trolling for gifts. Gifts don't matter. It's about being together. My hubby and I go out to dinner ( if we remember), we don't buy gifts. We tell each other how glad we are with our life partner choice.

Well, that's good for you! Enjoy your vacuum or gardening tools.
  • clipperallen
    Options
    I've been married for nearly 30 years--I'm just saying that up front so you know my perspective. Instead of focusing on gifts, why not go out for a nice dinner, go for a hike or bike ride, or whatever else you like to do. You said you're getting married in two months, so things are going to ramp up and get pretty hectic from here on in if you are having a traditional wedding (plus you'll be receiving plenty of gifts)-- and the time spent together, just the two of you, for this last "dating" anniversary is much more meaningful than a gift. Having said that, never be afraid to remind him of the date!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

No sweetheart, men don't get hints. TELL HIM! :flowerforyou:
  • iysys
    Options

No sweetheart, men don't get hints. TELL HIM! :flowerforyou:

maybe your man doesn't get hints. maybe hers does. men aren't stupid. well at least not collectively any more than women are.
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Remind him. Get used to doing so. It's just better that way.

:laugh: toooo funny!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Woah! Slow down there. That's not a smart way to play this.

I wouldn't say anything at all.

Get him an overly elaborate, very expensive gift, and when he forgets you can use this very situation as emotional black mail for the years to come.
  • iysys
    Options

Woah! Slow down there. That's not a smart way to play this.

I wouldn't say anything at all.

Get him an overly elaborate, very expensive gift, and when he forgets you can use this very situation as emotional black mail for the years to come.

hahaha