Calories?

Options
Why doesn't any calories burned get deducted when you do strength exercises? I realize that it is for building muscle but you gotta burn calories while doing it don't ya?

Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different, I guess. I always wondered too. I guess it'd be too hard to add all those exercises for different weights and whatnot. /shrug
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If you search strength training under the cardio section you will get a calorie value.

It is difficult to estimate because there are any number of variables that come into play.
  • kimelliott14470
    Options
    That's good to know, never thought to put it in under cardio.........true that it's hard to calculate tho.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    That's good to know, never thought to put it in under cardio.........true that it's hard to calculate tho.

I didn't either, it was my first question on the forums.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor and it does burn calories so you should enter it as your own exercise and your calorie burn.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor and it does burn calories so you should enter it as your own exercise and your calorie burn.

HRMs are not accurate for strength training. They are designed for steady state cardio.