¡¡¡in dire need of some motivation!!!

Options
I am having such a hard time getting motivated. I feel like I'm stuck I have been at this for 50 days today. And although I have lost weight I can't seem to get out of this rut. I feel like I am working so hard and eating so well for nothing. And the worst part is if I see the scale go up, I get so discouraged and binge eat. Then I feel horrible about that. I don't know wht I can do to get myself back in the "weight loss" mindset. Its so frustrating because I want this so bad, but then I just sabotage myself and I'm back at square one. Anyone else have this problems. Or any Advice is great.I NEED TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT IM MISERABLE

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I use quote to keep me on track

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

"I workout, because I can. When I get tired, or I am short on time, or I want to quit...I think about how lucky I am to be healthy enough to workout daily. Be grateful for your health and your ability to become STRONGER. Don't ever take it for granted!"

ask youself would you let a child/baby do what you are doing to yourself?

if you don't take care of yourself no-one else is going too

anyone can add me
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Its a marathon not a sprint, change happens over time...perhaps your training methods are not supporting a fat burning state, or your eating healthy but your nutrient timing could effect your bodies use of fat as an energy source, if you eat carbs especially fast carbs right before a workout your body will use those for fuel instead of body fat for example. so many reasons but the thing is you need to understand that its a journey and one that will last your entire life so you need to find a reason to do what you do that lasts a lifetime thats why fitness and health is a lifestyle not just a chapter of life.
  • Crinkles2
    Crinkles2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina,
    I've been there
    Just read a great article suggesting whenever we have negative feelings or the desire to be off track, say to the negative thoughts "I'm in charge here and I'm not going to let you run my life." So far it's helping me a lot..
    Hang in there!!!
    Ruth
  • kristinacorvin88
    Options
    Thank you guys
  • sarahann513
    sarahann513 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kristina, I know exactly how you feel. It is a vicious cycle and to get out of it it's going to take every ounce of strength and courage you've got, but you can do it! I have a team on facebook... we're all in a facebook group and we post each day to stay motivated and help each other out. Just let me know if you'd like to join... maybe there you will find some keys to staying motivated!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    First.. toss the scale..OUT THE DOOR....it is the worst measure ever....you ARE making progress... it takes time... hang in there and do this day by day...you cannot look at the big picture, you have to look at what you do on a daily basis....my boss looked at me today and commented that I was getting "skinnier and skinnier".. when in fact all that is really happening is that I am losing a bit of weight but just getting in better shape....inches count as much as pounds lost... a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weight exactly the same.. a POUND... but the difference is that a pound of muscle is compact and LOOKS smaller than a pound of fat.. Keep at it.. you are changing your muscles and improving your health.. the rest of it will come along at its own good pace .. you CAN do this every day.. with us!!
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes...

"Motivation comes from within" -Unknown.