stepping? beneficial?

Options
MissE4410
MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
So I bought a step to do some step aerobics but im wondering if I will see results if I just use it as a step without the aerobics dvd? Has anyone had success with a step before? I know people say its great for gluts, waist, ect but I'm assuming they are following a aerobic step class or dvd.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Stepping is AWESOME for cardio. The Frat brothers at Southern Illinois burned tons of calories stepping in front of the student center. You should give it a try.

frats-o.gif
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    We actually use a step as part of our departmental PT test each year. After sprinting 200 yards, we step up and down on the step 20 minutes as fast as we can before doing push-ups and sit-ups, and then repeat the sequence again. The step portion is what really gets the heart rate up there, and the sprinting seems "easy" in comparison (if you can imagine that, lol).

I think you should be able to find some good step routines on youtube or other places on the internet to download.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I hope this is true.......I don't really feel the workout--which I am use to with Jillian Michaels workouts but that doesn't mean it's not working....RIGHT!?
  • revmatched_itr
    revmatched_itr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How long and how hard are you doing it?
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Let me tell you something.... If this is day one or even two... wait... you'll feel it LOL