Brand new! Very nervous! Would love encouragement

Options
Hello out there fitness land! I'm SO SO impressed with everyone and how much healthier they've gotten so far and how positive and supportive you all are for each other! Brand new, not quite sure how this works but would love to be part of this community!

25 Female
Height: 5'3.5
SW: 136
CW: 125
GW: 115

It's so interesting how different people with the same stats can carry weight so differently on their bodies. I feel like I look so much heavier than girls that weigh more than me (I know the number on the scale doesn't mean everything, but still, it's disheartening at times!)

Replies

• leahharris93
    leahharris93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly what you mean about people carrying weight so differently! I look at people on TV programs that I know are 5 stone heavier than me, and can't see any difference between us!
    And I find it so annoying how I carry most of my weight on my hips/bum/thighs, and my waist is pretty small. I wish there was some way to see what I actually look like in comparison to others, and to see how others truly see me!
  • medprincess
    Options
    Girl, the last sentence you said, I wish that all the time!! Also, the reverse, I see people my weight and they look so much thinner and fitter than I do! Other times I see girls that weigh a lot more than me at the same height and think they look amazing! I guess it's all about perception.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm on here everyday and I can offer support and encouragement! You can do it!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and feel free to add me. I started back again in April after gaining all of my weight back. I'm off to a good start.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Girl, the last sentence you said, I wish that all the time!! Also, the reverse, I see people my weight and they look so much thinner and fitter than I do! Other times I see girls that weigh a lot more than me at the same height and think they look amazing! I guess it's all about perception.

Agreed. When I look at people my weight or above me they look so much thinner than me. I think most of it because I came from such a higher weight if that makes sense. I don't know. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that every body is different. No one is built like me so I just have to make the best of my body and stop comparing it to others. Working on it! LOL :) Add me if you'd like. I try to be as encouraging as I can. Good luck to you!
  • lemanielemanie
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new too.

I'm going to add you.

25 yrs
    5'2

I'm 131 trying to go down to 115 or whatever feels right. (131 does not feel right).
    Good Luck
  • Belgie_t3
    Belgie_t3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im pretty new myself but Im sure youll enjoy this site very very much! So much support! I'd definitely like to join you on your weight loss journey if youd like
  • dluce2569
    dluce2569 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Knowledge, discipline and consistency...are our friends when getting health! You can add me!!
  • leahharris93
    leahharris93 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I think it's so so difficult to know what you look like. Body dismorphia is meant to be a large part of eating disorders (where they think they look fat, but are actually massively underweight) but I think in reality it greatly affects all of us, especially when you're dieting
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous... This is a great community regarding fitness and life in general!

Welcome! :flowerforyou: