Not Losing Weight Plateau Heeeelp Please

Options
I have been wearing my body bugg for a month. I love that it shows me my actual calorie burn. However, I have not lost any weight. For two weeks my total calorie deficit is 9300... with this number I would expect about a 2.5 lb weight loss...instead I have only lost .5. What could I be doing wrong?

Replies

• jennanostyle
    Options
    I found that I was able to get over a plateau by just stepping up the exercise the tiniest bit- just adding an extra five minutes on to an aerobics session and varying the exercise a little more.
  • kenlc
    kenlc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue right now...It seems like my body has gotten use to my exercise routine, so I am going to change up my routine and see if that helps. Good luck with your plateau, you are doing great!
  • garcia3duardo
    Options
    I just lost 50 lbs as well, unfortunately my plateu lasted 1 month. I did not loose anything for a month!! I excercised and ate right. I found out that lowering your calorie intake would work. I tried this and it didn't work for me. I tried raising my calorie intake and eating about 1,000 calories more than what i;m suppose to eat and within a couple of days I started seeing results again. They say that when we starve our system it goes into starvation mode and starts gathering all food as a reserve for later. Well since i'm no longer in starvation mode, i guess my body started burning everything i consume and some!!! lol
  • LoraBarnes
    LoraBarnes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What fruits are you eating? Would grapefruits be a part of your fruit choices? If not, you may want to add them. I found this article, http://health.learninginfo.org/nutrition-facts/grapefruit.htm very informative and interesting. Try grapefruits for 7 days and see if that helps
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how true this is but I have been told you need to change the food that you are eating every 15 days. I don't know if you eat the same breakfast and lunch foods everyday or not. I do not much to choose from around here, I have not tried this myself but she has lost around 132 pounds so it might help.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Need more supportin you journey add me I will help as much as I can!!
  • hadababyitsagirl
    Options
    This is actually a pretty bad plateau for me...I have been within the same 2 lbs (up and down, up and down) for 10 straight weeks...Mainly because I have not followed plan like I should...the good news with staying at the same weight for over 2 months not following plan is that I will do very well once I'm ready for the MAINTENANCE phase... Bad news is that I have been following plan again for 4 weeks precisely with my bodybugg and logging my caloric intake... I'm seeing deficit numbers that indicate weight loss...just not seeing the loss. I guess I am frustrated because now that I am back on plan I thought I would be seeing my weight loss happen again and it's not. Thanks for all of the advice y'all...I appreciate it!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's not what you are doing wrong. It could be a number of things. You could be putting on muscle. You could be retaining water. Keep it up, results will come.

L
  • hadababyitsagirl
    Options
    It's not what you are doing wrong. It could be a number of things. You could be putting on muscle. You could be retaining water. Keep it up, results will come.

L

I agree with you, my workouts have been somewhat strenuous after not working out for about a month. I've been sore around my abs and obliques and inside my arms too...More good news, I can do 12 REAL push-ups! I could be gaining muscle. I will keep working at it.
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    What fruits are you eating? Would grapefruits be a part of your fruit choices? If not, you may want to add them. I found this article, http://health.learninginfo.org/nutrition-facts/grapefruit.htm very informative and interesting. Try grapefruits for 7 days and see if that helps

I eat about a quarter of a grapefruit with each meal and it's done wonders for my metabolism! Great tip!

Do you know if it matters if they're ruby red or the other kind? I've been alternating b/c I'm not sure.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    1. Exercise with more intensity or exercise harder

For example - If you can't lose weight walking at 3 mph then try walking faster at 3.5 mph or try walking up a hill to increase intensity.

2. Do a different exercise at least every 3 weeks...

If you've been doing the same exercise everyday - then over time... YOU & YOUR body will get used to the same exercise you're doing and you'll burn less calories making you lose less weight.

3. Do your exercises longer

Basically - If you're not losing weight anymore by walking for 30 minutes... Then you need to start walking for 45 minutes

4. Do your exercises more often

Basically - If you're walking 2 times a week and not losing weight... Then you need to start walking 3-to-5 times a week or walk everyday and another way you can break out of your weight loss plateau is to...

5. Workout twice a day

If you have time... You can workout twice a day to increase your metabolism by working out in the morning on an empty stomach to burn more fat and then working out again in the evening!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If your muscles are sore, they're holding water for protection. As you get used to the exercise, you should lose this.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options

I eat about a quarter of a grapefruit with each meal and it's done wonders for my metabolism! Great tip!

Do you know if it matters if they're ruby red or the other kind? I've been alternating b/c I'm not sure.
    I just read the article and it is GREAT! So I have never really had Grapefruit...what little I have had I hated. Is there a way to calm it down a little? Should I just buy the frozen can of it and chug it while plugging my nose :laugh: Any advice???
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind one thing...The Bodybugg is accurate within 10%. I always keep that in mind when looking at my deficit. I burn around 2700 calories/day...if the 'bug' is off by 10%, that's a drop of 270 calories that will affect my deficit. Multiply that by 7, and that's 1,890 calories/week, which is about 1/2 lb.

Also, if you're not measuring your foods before logging them, measure them! Don't eyeball, use a good scale and really make sure your serving size is the true serving size.
  • LoraBarnes
    LoraBarnes Posts: 5 Member
    Options

My favorites are the Pinks or Ruby Reds.... they are not as bitter tasting as the white and according to Calorie King 8 oz of either, the flesh, pulp, with juice is 76 calories... from one of the Pinks or Ruby Reds you should get an average of about 4 oz of pulp and juice. The reason I added this fruit to my diet plan was due to my weight loss doctor. I hit a stall, plateau, and the first things she told me was add a "fresh" grapefruit to my plan daily and to make sure I am exercising at least 15 minutes a day 7 days a week.... within 3 days I broke my plateau. I am not sure about frozen or bottled juices since there is "processing" involved, but I am sticking with the "fresh" Pinks/Ruby Reds!!! Good luck and hang in there.... just don't "Quit".... that's the biggest way to "Lose" :)
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to calm it down a little? Should I just buy the frozen can of it and chug it while plugging my nose :laugh: Any advice???

Drizzle a tablespoon of honey on top of half a pink grapefruit!