A new twist to spaggeti

Options
dumb_blondes_rock
dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
I can't have harcore carbs(special diet) so i heard from a friend who is also on medifast that she read a recipe somewhere for zuchinni spagetti noodles. I looked it up online and tried it tonight for dinner and IT WAS BOMB!!!

all you do is cut it long ways really thin(try to get the "speggetti shape goin on)and cut it long and thin from the other side of it. wait about thirty mins(in a drainer) and add to boiling water for about a minute to a minute and a half. I make my own spatggetti sauce(store bought has waaaay too much sugar) and i made italian turkey sausage little balls to go on top. Honestly, it was the best spagetti i ever had, the zucchini sounds totally weird to replace the noddles, but the texture of it and the shape is hoestly so comparable to spaggetti. I would actually prefer it over spagetti because with the sauce it gives it like a buttery taste to it, i don't know it's really hard to explain. it's just one of those things you will have to try. and i made just a portion for myself, i cooked everyone else the regular noodles, then used the noodle water to cook my zucchini.And i ate 2 zucchini's worth and it only came out to like 60 caloreis just for the noodles

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this before. I'll have to give that a try.

L
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    nature already does this in the form of spaghetti squash! :) but i like the idea of zucchini. we eat a lot of spaghetti. edit: and we eat a lot of squash. yay!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    How do you get the zucchini in thin strips like spaghetti? Shaving with a veggie peeler would give long large strips....
  • 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    I eat zuchinni with spaghetti sauce all the time and it is "the bomb"! Usually don't bother with the thin strips, I just cube it into chunks! Try summer squash or egg plant and add some green pepper, onion and diced tomato- one of my favorite meals!!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks! I'm soooo gonna try that. I've tried the spaghetti squash and it tastes good but there's way too many carbs for a vegetable. I'm going to try zuccini next time! According to the database here it has half the carbs of spaghetti squash. Hope that's right.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How do you get the zucchini in thin strips like spaghetti? Shaving with a veggie peeler would give long large strips....
    All I did was took the knife and cut it long ways in really thin slices, then layed those slices down and cut long down those. its kind of like long and super skinny rectangles(if that makes sense) And you only have to boil it for about a minute and a half(2 minutes if you don't want the al dente). I honestly am going to use that instead of speggeti noodles. and i make my own sauce, because i don't like the sweet taste of normal jjarred spagetti, so my spicy sauce(with mushrooms and red bell peppers) mixed with the spiciness of the italian tukey sausage, mixed with the buttery taste of the zucchini was out of this worl!!!
  • Tbfree
    Tbfree Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I use spaghetti squash, but when it is not in season (like now), I did not have a sub. I will have this tomorrow for sure as I have about 4 in the fridge rt. now.
  • BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Options
    Nice! Definitely going to have a go at this