Going from 362 to 281.

Options
Shinwasha
Shinwasha Posts: 32 Member
So at my heaviest at the start of last year I was 362 pounds, and got down to 290 by the end of that year. I gained back to 305, and after starting up again at the beginning of the year am down to 281 (1 lb heavier then my driver's license weight which was a lie by 20 lbs at 18) Gone from pant size of 50 to 42 and can now wear X-Large shirts. I still have 40 lbs to go for my ideal goal and didn't realize how good it feels until I actually wrote my changes down.

I just have one question for people who have lost large amounts of weight. Right now my the tips of my rib cage extends over my lower torso. If I continue to lose will this stay the same or will it start shrinking as well?

Replies

• Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Try more weights/strength training to help firm/tone =) Not sure how much it'd help cuz I'm no pro lol But wanted to wish you the best of luck and tell you congrats!!! Thats an awesome amount to lose!!! Keep it up =D
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not really understanding your torso description but everything shrinks over time and you need to be patient with it. There may be skin elasticity issues as you go even closes to most desired weight (noticed I didn't say BMI), and should that happen, it may take some cosmetic surgery for that, but then donate to burn victims, but that's way down the road and may or may not happen at all.

Anywho, great job! Keep on keeping on!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question, but i think you are saying you have a layer of fat hanging over your belly?
    Yeah man, it will go away. Your rib bones will poke out above your abs...it looks odd at first, but you get used to it, and like it .
  • Shinwasha
    Shinwasha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question, but i think you are saying you have a layer of fat hanging over your belly?
    Yeah man, it will go away. Your rib bones will poke out above your abs...it looks odd at first, but you get used to it, and like it .

I don't have any fat hanging over. All my fat is in my butt and stomach.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!