advice for toning up when on very low calorie diet please

Options
im starting a 3 month very low calorie diet plan under doctors orders to help me shed the pounds for possible *surgery* this summer
i aim to lose 3-4stones in 4 months which i know isn't really healthy but needs must, thing that is worrying me is that i will not be able to do much cardiovascular as would burn off way too many calories - really want to tone up as i lose as don't want to be left with load saggy skin and looking gaunt with loads of wrinkes - dropping so much weight such short space of time
i was thinking perhaps uphill walking to tone legs, light weight (for my arms) and some form of stretching excercises like pilates ? any advice would be much appreciated xx

Replies

• Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Blogilates is my very love, you can find it on YT.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think you've hit the nail on the head about not doing too much cardio - if you are on a v low calorie diet plus cardio, you'll find yourself feeling like absolute hell (I speak from experience) and will be discouraged.

Walking is a really good place to start - some say it does absolutely nothing, but I shed half of my weight from walking alone (no other exercise and calorie control) - you can incorporate arm exercises whilst you walk, stretches, bum clenches, all sorts. I would definitely stick to low impact, toning exercises - pilates, yoga. As for weights, if you do use them (perhaps on the walk?) go light.

Good luck :)