30 day shred vs Insanity

Options
I want to get in shape for summer, but I understand that it won't happen so quickly so the main goal is to be fit by the time I leave for college in September. I weigh 157lbs & am 5'7, I'm 18 and I have most of my weight in my mid section. I want to know what would give me better results in 30 days, insanity or 30 day shred. Or I was thinking to do 30ds then insanity. does anyone have 30day comparison of 30ds vs insanity? thanks guys!

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    One of my friends said and I quote. "30DS is the Disney version of Insanity." Take that for what its worth.
  • k9t8a8
    k9t8a8 Posts: 30
    Options
    I've done both, and in my opinion, Insanity is a lot tougher- but the results I've seen from it so far (just finishing the first month) were more significant than when doing the 30 day shred. This is not to say I didn't appreciate the 30 day shred - you definitely get a great workout in about 25 mins (insanity workouts are around 40). Insanity is just more intense. I'd say if you have the time, start with the 30 day shred, then move on to insanity...
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've only did one workout from 30 day Shred and to me it seems like its defiantly for beginners. I'm doing Insanity right now and it seemed like a long warm-up. Everyone has different fitness levels so it's different for everyone. I would say just do what you feel will give you better results and really gets the blood pumping. Good luck!
  • chunhak
    chunhak Posts: 2
    Options
    Probably start with the 30 Day Shred. Insanity is designed for 60 days though you will see results early on. Insanity is a lot of cardio workouts, but I did get a smaller waist afterwards.
  • nohateloseweight
    nohateloseweight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    okay! I think I'll start with the 30'ds now that way by June all start insanity and finish it off by the end/beginning of July! thank you guys, this really helped (:
  • chunhak
    chunhak Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh yeah, there's two different sets of workouts to Insanity, Month 1 and Month 2. Personally, I usually stick to Month 1 cause it gets more sweat out of me. Month 2 gets you sweating too but it seems like a lot of strength training to me [not to mention Month 2 exercises are 15-20 minutes longer]. To each their own, though.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    One of my friends said and I quote. "30DS is the Disney version of Insanity." Take that for what its worth.

I'd have to agree. 30DS isn't easy though. I am sweating by the end of the DVD. If you're a beginner i'd say 30DS is a good start. Insanity is much harder on your joints. I doubt you'd have much to worry about since you're 18.
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS and now im onto Insanity and i'd say you get alot more of a workout with Insanity but its also more time consuming. I struggle to fit it in sometimes. But LOVING the results so far.

With 30DS I lost 8lbs and 6 inches allover
    And so far (day 21) of Insanity Ive lost 6 inches allover and 5lbs
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

LMFAO, love this.

OP: I think 30DS is a great way to start with, Insanity isn't good for beginners, but it seems like you've already made a good and wise decision :)