New and trying to lose weight

Options
mprasad
mprasad Posts: 1 Member
I was at my heaviest ever and have been figuring out a way to lose it and love doing it. I finally found it - Zumba. It started at my workplace and have gotten me back into exercising and actually enjoying it. This app is great because tracking food was the hardest thing to do because I eat Indian food and this app actually has similar foods already in place. I don't have to start from scratch.

I lost 3 pounds so far!

Replies

• KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have lost 12.5 lbs in 24 days! I love MFP. It has everything I need to help me stay on track and lose weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. We are close to the same age.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome and well done on the 3 pounds lost so far! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Zumba...I can't wait to try it myself when I am finished my P90X program.
    Best of luck to you!
  • rdottaylor
    Options
    I agree this site is awesome if you count carbs and calories!
  • ssomall
    ssomall Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to the site but loving it so far....am at my heaviest ever and think I finally hit rock bottom. My biggest "addiction" is soda and it is the hardest to give up. I'm not crazy about diet so I'm trying other fizzy options like seltzer and 1/2 lemonade 1/2 seltzer. Hoping that this will finally be the trick!! Glad to hear everyone's successes...helps to inspire me!!!
  • SFinn
    SFinn Posts: 43
    Options
    I am new to the site but loving it so far....am at my heaviest ever and think I finally hit rock bottom. My biggest "addiction" is soda and it is the hardest to give up. I'm not crazy about diet so I'm trying other fizzy options like seltzer and 1/2 lemonade 1/2 seltzer. Hoping that this will finally be the trick!! Glad to hear everyone's successes...helps to inspire me!!!

Unfortunately I have the same problem with soda, except it's worse because I prefer diet which has more crazy chemicals in it. Honestly though, I've found that stopping it altogether works best. Or I limit myself to one can/glass a day. I feel the more I drink it, the more it makes me crave it. When I don't have it for a while the cravings go away...