Alcohol. I really feel like I've let myself down

Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
So last night I went to a friends party and had about three glasses of wine and about six vodka lime and soda's.

This week I have done so well sticking to my calorie deficit and exercising and now I feel like it has all been pointless because of last night :(

Replies

• capergirl770
    capergirl770 Posts: 23 Member
    I feel like that when I drink too. I have no problem controlling my appetite but I love to relax with a beer or a drink. I'm a chronic weigher. Some days it affects my weight others it doesnt. I lost 25 lbs a year and a half ago doing low carb and I was literally having 4-5 beer about 4-5 times a week and lost no problem and fast. Well gained it all back and this weight loss has been much harder and alcohol affects me now. I feel less guilt when I stick to low carb drinks. So I will have a Smirnoff Ice light cooler, or vodka and diet cranberry. It sucks but drink tons of water today and eat clean and you quickly be back on track!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    I had wine tonight and i also did last night, if I want wine or anything I have it as long as I the cals, if I don't have the cals I earn them

when out with friends, a wine or two also try asking for soda water in a pretty glass with a lemon or kiwi or pineapple

I hope this helps

anyone can add me
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Do not beat yourself up. Today is a new day and you can move forward. Do a little extra exercise today and drink some extra water. You will be fine.

It is not always possible but if you know you are going to have drinks try to plan for it. Do a little extra exercise that day and watch your calories. By no means do I mean to starve yourself so you can drink, just eat healthy lower calorie foods so you have some left.

You can do this
  • dcyr009
    dcyr009 Posts: 93
    That was yesterday. Get up and say 10 good things about yourself because today is a new day and you will be successful at it with positive motivation only. Let yesterday go....
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    It's only a few drinks..it won't have messed up your whole week!
    Drink lots of water and do a bit more exercise and you'll be fine.
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    It's ok! Guilt is the bobsled to weight-loss hell. You were celebrating, you had a good time. Now pick yourself up and have a wonderful, healthy day.

We've all been there!
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    I have a drink everyday. I make sure it fits in my calorie/nutrition goals for the day. If I want to have more then I have to make sure I exercise more. I haven't had a "party" night since I started back in December. Drink more water and burn some more calories today. It's not worth being disappointed in yourself. That will just derail things in the long run. You're fine... move on!
  • RangerJess
    RangerJess Posts: 32
    We all have those days. We are all trying to be healthier, but we also don't live under a rock and avoid our friends, social situations, or celebrations. We are only human after all. I do the same thing from time to time :-)

Today is a new day, just get back on the horse and do what you've normally been doing today. It'll all work out in the end!
  • avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    I only had a couple hundred calories left yesterday after having 'upped' my step count. I had eaten decently all day, but decided to 'drink my dinner' with a glass or 2 of wine. I would have been fine had I had 1 glass and then taken a walk. Instead I think I had about 3. Result? up.7 today which I know is water since I drank tons yesterday.

What got me was the demo pizza at the grocery store. 2 tiny pieces, but according to this database - those little pieces were about 300 calories! YIKES! even a slice of Pizza Hut Pan pizza isn't that bad and I really like that:smile:

I didn't even really like that Orz's pizza that I tried.

The sun is out today (it wasn't supposed to be) so I have renewed optimism.

Hang up the guilt and hang in there. This too shall pass and you'll be back on the path to thin.:happy: