Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< My wheat belly.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I am generally eating all of this bread immediately after workouts and I more or less follow the leangains protocol. I have my TRX, my speed rope, and resistance bands so I can push myself hard on strength workouts.

I think you will be fine in all honesty. Carbs after a heavy workout alongside a protein source is a terrific idea for nutrient uptake.

I wouldn't worry about the idea you have to avoid meat and prefer pasta etc - it is arbitrary and cultural as you say. Ultimately it's about energy balance but remember that in a calorie deficit protein requirements actually rise. Whether you get the protein from meat is up to you and your personal preferences though. That is why decent fat loss programmes have a hierarchy as follows: set calories, set protein level, set fat level, carbs make up the rest.

Good luck!

That's my prediction as well.

I have whey, and oddly, turkey breast is cheap and easy to get here. I'm eating just around maintenance calories.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness don't do it! Any sort of carb will not only completely stop your ability to lose weight but also cause the fat gained to be completely centered in your stomach! Have you read Wheat Belly? Bread is the main reason why Americans are overweight, and everyone is going about this the wrong way.

If we just got rid of bread, we could all live off of fast food and be skinny with 6 packs.

This is a joke isn't it?

I hope so.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness don't do it! Any sort of carb will not only completely stop your ability to lose weight but also cause the fat gained to be completely centered in your stomach! Have you read Wheat Belly? Bread is the main reason why Americans are overweight, and everyone is going about this the wrong way.

If we just got rid of bread, we could all live off of fast food and be skinny with 6 packs.

This is a joke isn't it?

I hope so.

This^ is what gives me no hope...

Facepalm*

Also, I forgot to add. ALL carbs will make you fat. Fruits and vegetables are carbs, so I stay away from those as well as brown rice. Goodness! I look at a watermelon and feel the pounds piling on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Goodness! I look at a watermelon and feel the pounds piling on.

You're KILLING me
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Good luck but I predict very few people will actually care what happens.
    I'm interested. Ok, it's far from scientific; but then the same could be said in regards to most of the claims that wheat is satan's own version of a massive tub of lard!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    [Goodness! I look at a watermelon and feel the pounds piling on.
    [/quote]

You DO??????:noway:

Oh my :noway:
  • pcastagner
    Options
    If I weigh myself after eating a couple pounds of watermelon I'm always heavier than before. So it's true!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    it depends.. Personally if I eat wheat I get bloated, but I have an allergy to Wheat, corn and oats.
    lots of people eat wheat without having issues. Good luck!
  • pcastagner
    Options
    So far, no wheat belly. But I have lost some body fat due to running a deficit again.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Lordy, how irritating is it to hear people going on about all this. I do believe some people have a real gluten intolerance, and know people with autoimmune disorders do better without, but it seems like everyone wants to be special and different, and diagnoses themselves as gluten intolerant. not eating gluten is the new fad.
    Remember the Mediteranean diet, Tons of wheat in that.

Have you ever tried "forbidden rice" it is actulally black/deep purple and really yummy.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I predict you'll turn into bread.

:laugh: Best response!
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Lordy, how irritating is it to hear people going on about all this. I do believe some people have a real gluten intolerance, and know people with autoimmune disorders do better without, but it seems like everyone wants to be special and different, and diagnoses themselves as gluten intolerant. not eating gluten is the new fad.
    Remember the Mediteranean diet, Tons of wheat in that.

Have you ever tried "forbidden rice" it is actulally black/deep purple and really yummy.

I suspect you are right.

I have not yet turned into bread.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Stop loafing around, this is cereal.
  • pcastagner
    Options

Lol
  • scot1026
    scot1026 Posts: 43
    Options
    I predict you'll turn into bread.

Best answer!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Lol

so, how is your wheat belly coming along?!
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Sadly, it seems to be leaning out. Pics of my total failure to get a wheat belly shall be forthcoming.

I am just devastated. Dr. What's her face promised me a wheat belly, and just because I'm running a calorie deficit, I am not getting one? Lame! She is a doctor, so she must be right. Maybe my wheat isn't GMO? I must be missing something.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Sadly, it seems to be leaning out. Pics of my total failure to get a wheat belly shall be forthcoming.

I am just devastated. Dr. What's her face promised me a wheat belly, and just because I'm running a calorie deficit, I am not getting one? Lame!

damn you!!!

have you tried watermelon? apparently guaranteed to have you put on 10lbs after a couple of chunks!!!
  • pcastagner
    Options

I am just devastated. Dr. What's her face promised me a wheat belly, and just because I'm running a calorie deficit, I am not getting one? Lame!

damn you!!!

have you tried watermelon? apparently guaranteed to have you put on 10lbs after a couple of chunks!!!

No way I am eating watermelon! It makes you fat.