I feel like im starving...

Options
Im eating enough!.... Lots of fruits and veggies..Basically clean eating. Ive gave up all the refined suger and all the nasty fat... and im still starving. Anyone know of a natural appetite suppressant?

Replies

• jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    Water. More veggies. Protein.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Make sure you fill up on water, fiber, protein and fats. Fat helps you feel full for longer along with protein and fiber. Don't cut out all fat... fat is needed by the body.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Also, you haven't provided any info about how much you are actually eating - maybe you really ARE starving!

What is your average daily calorie intake vs. your TDEE?
  • jessbeckman2010
    jessbeckman2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I didnt give up the good fat. Just the bad fat. Ive been drinking almost a gallon of water a day and increased my fruits and veggies.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    what qualifies as "nasty" fat? It's good to stay low on saturated/trans fats, but fat really helps aid weight loss, so like others have said, don't remove it completely. Some of my favorites are avocados and assorted nuts :)

eta: just saw your response -- I'll see my way out
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in my nutrition textbook it said that tomatoes contain chemicals that either suppress your appetite or just make you feel fuller (not the same thing, for the record).
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating a day? You most likely aren't eating enough.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yeah you should aim for 25-30% of your calories from fat... and be sure to choose the highest fiber foods you can. Also, eat protein every time you eat anything. If you just have carbs/veggies/fruits for a snack, you'll be hungry WAY sooner than if you add protein every time.
  • jandzangelz
    Options
    PROTEIN!!! On my weight loss journey I have found that protein is very key. Also, there were times when I just maintained my weight and was always feeling hungry, and by upping my calories 100-200 a day jump started my weight loss again. If you're working out hard throughout the week, you have to fuel your body or it will just hold on to the fat and weight. Sounds strange, but maybe you need to look at that. Try getting 35-40% of your calories each day from protein.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Also, you haven't provided any info about how much you are actually eating - maybe you really ARE starving!

^this
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Im eating enough!.... Lots of fruits and veggies..Basically clean eating. Ive gave up all the refined suger and all the nasty fat... and im still starving. Anyone know of a natural appetite suppressant?

Why on earth would you want to suppress your appetite. If your fat macro is low to non existent then it is no wonder you are hungry. I presume you mean trans fats by "nasty" fat...? Also with not enough cals if you are active, then you will be hungry, we have no idea of your intake, so cannot help beyond vague suggestion here.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I didnt give up the good fat. Just the bad fat. Ive been drinking almost a gallon of water a day and increased my fruits and veggies.
    So how much protein are you getting???
  • jessbeckman2010
    Options
    Just from today ( until lunch) im at 44 grams of protein. Should it be higher then that ? Im kind of confused on what i should be at.

All together it says( remaining) 708 cals 121 carbs 3 fat 17protein. Good or bad?
  • jessbeckman2010
    Options
    And when im referring to nasty fats, im talking about Fast Food ... and most saturated fats, but not all.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's just a sign you're in a deficit, haha! Which is the whole point (assuming your goal is to lose). Alas, not a lot you can do. You'll get a lot of stock answers here, drink more water, up your protein/fat/fiber, etc. but when you're in a true deficit, you're going to be hungry no matter what and the effect of those fixes is fleeting at best.

I'm afraid the only surefire fix is to eat more (or take an appetite suppressant, which I don't recommend).
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Just gonna quote this again.
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Here's something that will blow your mind: Saturated fats are actually good for you and essential for healthy hair, skin and brains.

Trans fats are BAD BAD BAD. (but we all knew that)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you opened your food diary you would get a more informed response instead of guesses
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Just from today ( until lunch) im at 44 grams of protein. Should it be higher then that ? Im kind of confused on what i should be at.

All together it says( remaining) 708 cals 121 carbs 3 fat 17protein. Good or bad?

What is your calorie goal? Are you following MFP's suggestions?
    Are you exercising?

Also opening your diary would make it a whole lot easier to give you answers.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

How many calories are you consuming daily? Can you open your diary?

708 remaining is why you feel like you are starving. You should have as close to 0 calories remaining as possible.