Whats is the most you ever went over in calories in 1 day

Options

Replies

• squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me, that would almost be a rhetorical question. You see, we live in North Carolina, and being military, we're not true Southerners, but man oh man, we do love their food. Every few months we'll go to an old fashioned Southern buffet after church. The kind of place where everyone in town goes there after church and there's a line out the door, with everyone dressed in their Sunday best. This buffet includes fried chicken and every conceivable delicious side dish you could imagine, all done in traditional Southern fashion. And don't let's forget dessert.

On days like that, the word "calorie" is simply an amusing concept dreamed up by Yankees.

lol. Calories?? Whats that! haha. Thats sound like a good time though. I haven't had good southern food in a loonnggg time ...

Come on down! There's plenty for everyone. :-)
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I had a day not that long ago that was probably close to 6000 calories. Tons of thick IPAs and Douple IPAs (and one triple), cuban sandwich, a big breakfast, another sandwich with roast beef, 3 orders of french fries with amazing dipping sauces made of sour cream and mayo, a slice of greasy pizza from one of those pizza by the slice places, a huge dessert with ice cream and brownies, 3 gourmet popsicles, some barbecue chicken and pulled pork, collard greens, potato salad, and I think I had some whisky to toast a friend's birthday......

It was epic.

ETA: chicken wings. 10 of them.

lol that was epic. I'm sure i've done that before though at a BBQ. :happy:
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    bump... yea im bored, :smooched: !!! lol
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Chinese food, plus beer, plus late night roast beef , fries and mozzarella sticks = over by a lot.

Hence, the reason I need to lose 50 more.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    5000 over. That's with a 1200 calorie fitbit adjustment too. It was epic. All food too as I'm sober now. Taco Bell. 22 chicken wings with bleu cheese, an entire box of Samoas.... And lots more.
  • WhosThirsty
    WhosThirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado...multiple craft breweries up here. I racked up over 1,100 calories touring 4 breweries, and that was me taking it easy!

If I go out drink Jim Beam & water with a squeeze of lemon. There's only 63 calories in a shot of Jim Beam.

Also, I've found if I make a good, healthy meal that sounds like it'd be good "drunk food" for later, I skip the bar food or the late night indulgence in junk food knowing I have a bomb plate ready at home that I don't have to spend more money on!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Probably 4,000-5,000.

Man, it was good!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories on birthdays and Christmas. It is just the way.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    It was a couple weekends ago. I went over by 4000+. I know it was more, but some food I couldn't find in the database or it was local bakery made and they offer absolutely no nutritional information anywhere. So I know it was probably more than 4000.

Afterwards I felt like a big fat disgusting loser. Ugh ..... It has never been worth it. It's never fun afterwards and I mentally/emotionally kick myself and berate myself for days about it.
  • lknjohnson
    Options
    lol
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    whole bag of double stuff oreo's (2100 cals), 8 piece of fried chicken (~2000 cals), 6 pack of MD (1020 cals) . .plus Chips and dips but I didn't track how much I had eaten
    and that's just what I went over. . I was on track till my buddies came over to my house and brought food! . .so 5120+ cals over
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I went over by 900 one day, that was awful. However it turned out I wasn't eating the correct amount of calories anyway since re-calculating, it was more like 600 which isn't too bad!
    I had an amazing day of food, haha.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have high days and low days, I am technically over 3-4 days a week but I have a good "feed" ( about 2000-3000 over) about once or twice a month. I get back on track because I can say, "Look, you already had a treat." or 'you will be over eating next Saturday" and that gets me back to my regular clean diet.
  • mmctaw
    mmctaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    While logging, I believe I went over by ~2000 but averaged it out for the week with some extra cardio and exercise.
  • HammyStopHamming
    Options
    700. Yesterday. I felt pretty bad about it.
  • lenac03
    lenac03 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Most that I've gone over while logging is 1500. That was on my planned monthly pizza binge.

While logging, in a committed fashion? Last Saturday, over 1100 over.

But really what I wanted to say is I love your ticker picture, Jonnythan.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd say be careful. Around St. Patty's Day I went over somewhere around 700-800 with a couple wine coolers and a lot of greasy food, and my stomach couldn't handle the excess food and bad quality of it. :X Was sick all night. Next time I go over it'll just be a little bit, and not for drinks or greasy food, that stuff appears best to be done in moderation.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I think I was over by about 50 calories once ( the only time I wasn't under, in 90 days on this program), so I got on the elliptical and burned off a couple of hundred calories so I'd still be under.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being hated by everyone..lol....I haven't gone over since I started back in Sept. 2012. But oh, the temptation!!! I;m just really scared that if I do, I won't ever come back to eating properly.
  • slavonka23
    slavonka23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 1600cals... few days ago... 7300 :noway: :blushing:

:bigsmile: