Starting out again - looking for friends

Options
I joined MFP a long time ago and never really committed to making changes. Well I have committed!! I have been stalking the forums for the last couple of weeks and figured its time to start participating :). It's great to read about other peoples successes and struggles.

A little bit about me:
I am a 38 year woman. I work at an office job and have to remind myself to eat lunch on time (I actually have a reminder on my phone). I have been overweight all my life and am not looking for miracles. I just want to get healthy, I don't know what weight that is - just going to change my eating and lifestyle to be something I can maintain. For the short term fast food drive thru is off the menu and will never be a staple again.

Looking for friends to keep me motivated. I am always looking for ways to move everyday.

Replies

• Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristin,
    Welcome back to MFP. It can be a great tool on this long journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like. My name is Shelley. I started out at 365 lbs, then I lost 115 lbs but because I was depriving myself of things I love (chocolate etc) I gained most of it back and am now 302 lbs. I am on a roll and always hope to encourage and motivate others.:bigsmile:

Forums are great, especially groups. <3 So like I said, feel free to add me and then we can talk more. <3
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here, too.

If you fancy some reading to help you make informed decisions about food, check out Salt, Sugar, Fat from your local library. It's easy and good. Not a diet book.
  • alisonmaloney1
    Options
    Hi Kristin,

feel free to add me.
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Krstin, new myself, feel free to add me :smile:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin! Please add me:) I swear i could have written your intro.
  • valann44
    valann44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody..I just joined today.I found this sight from a youtube video.I'm thrilled to be here.:smile: .
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are more then welcomed to add me if you like. :smile:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome back..feel free to add me.
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am 39 and have also struggled my whole life with my weight , feel free to add me. Welcome and good luck, you can do it!
  • mlbqueen
    mlbqueen Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! It is nice to have friends to help keep you motivated. Add me if you would like.
    I am doing the 30 day squat challenge (it's awesome) and I workout at home doing some type of cardio and weight training. I was down but things happened and I gained some back. I need motivation and accountability.
    I have been logging my food and exercise daily.
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome back! I'm relatively new here, after using another application. I really find this helpful... Hope you do too. Friend me & we'll support one another. :-)
  • elsasick
    elsasick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's important to keep on "starting out again". I have a few more starting overs than you do because I am 78 years old. One thing I learn a couple years ago - people who loose weight and don't gain it back have a system. They only let themselves gain a couple pounds or so before they get serious again about their food plan. 177 was my magic number. whenever I would get that high I would get serious again but after reading about not letting it go that far I am better at doing something before them. 144 is a number I had from the old days (many long years ago) when I was doing weight watchers and that is what I try to maintain now. for several years after working the food addiction program I stayed there but the last couple of years the food addiction disease has been at it again and I had heard over and over "if you keep a food journal it will help" but I just rebelled at doing that saying it was too hard to figure out the caloric count and fat grams but then I found MFP and it does it all for me. I still have bad days when I eat a little of this and a little of that and then something that is impossible to tell how many calories are in it - potluck dinners????
    Another thing that helps - I put an almond or baby carrot into my mouth and see how loooong I can take to eat it - like 2 hours....for one.
    If you think you might have the food addition disease you can look for support groups on the web. The one I use is Food Addiction Anonunce
  • jaja76
    jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add.
  • soggypuppet
    soggypuppet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We can all use a few more friends. Please add my as one of yours. ,p