Any suggestions for a brand of reduced sugar yogurt?

Options
Does anyone have suggestions for a sugar-free or a reduced sugar yogurt? I currently eat a store brand non-fat yogurt but it has 9g of sugar in a 6 oz. serving. Although it's delicious, I could stand to lose the sugar intake.

Replies

• 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, I prefer greek and I add just a little real maple syrup or agave or purereed fresh fruit.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt with a little bit of the artificial sweetener or your choice, (start with tiny amount - you might be surprised at how much you like it less sweet)

or honey/agave/maple syrup...
  • Mellsy1997
    Mellsy1997 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt and add your own fresh fruit or raw honey :)
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Plain FF Greek is my go-to, and Liberte is my favourite brand.
    My favourite is mushed up banana with some cinnamon and chia seeds and then stir in some yogurt. Delicious. :bigsmile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's plain Greek 2% is my favorite, Fage's 2% if you can't get TJ's, and I add my own fruit and some honey. Good stuff. Plus you can use the plain as a sub for sour cream. :bigsmile:
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I stil consume the greek yogourt with fruits in the bottom, even at 9g of sugar, I don't really make a big deal out of it. I only eat 1 a day, the rest of the day, i'd eat my share of fruits.

Just saying that, I don't think that 9g of sugar will affect your overall diet/weight loss.
    But if you insist in eating plain yogurt, then yes, just add diced fruits and a bit of honey, delish

Good luck
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can also get a 0% fat version of the Fage Total Greek yoghurt which you can add a tsp of honey or whatever to. It has no sugar added and surprisingly has more protein yet still less calories than the full fat version!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I recommend buying plain and mixing whatever you want to add to it. That way you have complete control over what goes in it, and you can make savory dips and things too.
  • fcevallos
    fcevallos Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My fave is plain Fage with honey, but if you want something with fruit in it, then Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts have 6g sugar...not too bad.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Plain FF Greek is my go-to, and Liberte is my favourite brand.
    My favourite is mushed up banana with some cinnamon and chia seeds and then stir in some yogurt. Delicious. :bigsmile:

This sounds great... I love Greek yogurt!
  • valeriet82
    valeriet82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Plain is obviously lowest in sugar, but if you are having flavored Greek yogurts you are generally getting 16-21grams of fate (from 0% Fage, 0% Chobani etc.. If you avoid artificial sweeteners like I do there is really only one option...siggis, which is loaded with protein and has only 9g of sugar.