Options

Replies

• rubyjuly21
    rubyjuly21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here is the break down
    12.5 sprays has 10 calories and 1 gram of fat,
    25 sprays (1 teaspoon) has 20 calories and 2 grams of fat
    37.5 sprays has 30 calories and 3 grams of fat.

Thank you for the helpful Information.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    "I-can't-beleive-it's-a-lawsuit"

and

"I-can't-beleive-I-am-counting-sprays-instead-of-just-eating-the-ten-damn-cals"

^^This

Ditto
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to pat myself on the back for deciding to just stick with real butter.

Hee hee, boooooooo.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Really?

No plastic tasting sh1t for me...I prefer real butter.

Me, too! I only use real butter--not something formulated in a laboratory.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'll still take the 10 sprays on my lobster vs the 350 calories of drawn butter served at Red Lobster. Rock Lobster tail is 90 calories which is great. But add that 350 calories and you have 440 calories for just the entrée. I never believed that it was zero calories but for ME it's better than using butter or margarine.

I do believe they should be held to the same standards as other foods and show the actual number of sprays that reflect calories, fat, etc.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I thought this was common knowledge. If you use a couple sprays, it won't really matter. If you open the bottle and pour it over your food, you have to know there will be calories to account for then.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Really?

No plastic tasting sh1t for me...I prefer real butter.

Right! I definitely CAN believe it's NOT butter.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    SURPRISE!!!!

"N7. When the caloric value for a serving of a food is less than 5 calories, can the actual caloric value be declared?

Answer: The caloric value of a product containing less than 5 calories may be expressed as zero or to the nearest 5 calorie increment (i.e., zero or 5 depending on the level). Foods with less than 5 calories meet the definition of “calorie free” and any differences are dietarily insignificant. 21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)"

Still go by servings even if your product is calorie free. The only thing you can consume without any calories is water.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What kind of idiot takes the top off and pours it over food? For that matter, who the heck sprays one serving of food with even 10 sprays? I think the product works fine for people who are smart enough to read labels....

I do, oh holier than thou person!
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You guys actually pour it on and think its still zero calorie

*face palm*
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You guys actually pour it on and think its still zero calorie

*face palm*

I didnt say I thought it was 0 cals! But I WOULD pour it on my baked potato. Omgosh, I poured my spray butter instead of spraying it!! What is the world coming to?
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I think I'm going to pat myself on the back for deciding to just stick with real butter.

Hee hee, boooooooo.

^^YES^^ Real butter for the WIN !!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but a serving is supposed to be 1 spray.

If you thought a label that says "0 Caloires" really meant that it contained no calories, then you aren't familiar with the labeling guidelines. It doesn't mean the company was lying to you. Under the guidelines, less than 1 calories can be listed as 0 calories.
    And why the lawsuit won't go anywhere imo.

I agree, this is just as bad as McDonald's being sued for hot coffee. Well no *kitten* buttercup, you expected ice cream?

Someone doesn't know the details of the "coffee case"!

Anyway back to the OP, yeah I doubt that's actually going to get anywhere.
    It's pretty "standard" to have misinformation on labels. IIRC according to the federal guidlines: .5-.9=<1g (on the label), and non-zero-.4=0g.

People are pretty idiotic if they think anything they eat has no caloric value (with the exception of water). Even vitamins and supplements have calories. IE a fish oil capsule is still X calories (albeit small, they're there).
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    someones trying to make a quick buck. just read the damn nutrition label.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Hee hee, boooooooo.

I agree... real butter here as well! One ingredient! 1 TBSP a whole 100 cals! :)
  • socomary
    socomary Posts: 52
    Options
    Ingredients in ICBINB:

United States

The United States ingredients for the current Original Spread variety are:[8]

Vegetable Oil Blend (Liquid Soybean Oil, Non-Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Liquid Canola Oil)
    Water

Ingredients in butter:
    Pure cream
    Sometimes salt

Butter FTW!

Fat is fat is fat is fat is fat. C'mon people.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Hee hee, boooooooo.

I agree... real butter here as well! One ingredient! 1 TBSP a whole 100 cals! :)

Which is why I don't use butter. I loooove butter, and 1 Tbsp just does not cut it! lmao. But yeah, if you drown your food in ICBINB, and think it's still no cal...there are bigger issues.
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options

Hee hee, boooooooo.

I rather save those 100 calories for 4 egg whites...or a serving of chicken breast. I still prefer my condiments to be low calorie. IMO
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    If you're using the WHOLE bottle, of course there's going to be calories, duh! According to the FDA if something has as little as 5 calories they can legally say it's 0 calories. So, even those sweet n low's and other "healthy" sweeteners have calories. Everything in moderation people!