Anyone wake up early to workout?

Options
1235»

Replies

• bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30am to make it to the gym by 6am and work out until 7-7:15. I LOVE it. It took some getting used to as I wasn't a morning person (at least not that early). But it helps to maximize my time, I don't have to go to a crowded gym at 5pm and it makes me feel great all day long. Totally worth it!
  • barnzey901
    barnzey901 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If so what time and how do you make yourself get out of bed?

5am - I make sure I eat before I train though, so I don't get out the door at that time lol
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Up at 4am, M-Sa to get my workout in and get myself ready for the day in time to get my daughter up and ready for school. Personally, I will not want to work out at the end of the day and I know I wouldn't make the time for it, so this is what works for me. I'm much more of a morning person than a night owl anyways.
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    if I am an opener I will get up at 6 to work out. I grab a cup of coffee and just do it. I may feel like crap when I start but by the time I am done I feel much better! the pain is worth the reward!
  • slowglitchen
    Options
    Our Mall lets us walk at 6 am, at first I couldn't do it, getting up that early, so I tried going to bed early, drink coffee or take 1/2 caffiene pill to to get up (5 am) Then I bring my water, to the Mall and walk for 2-5 miles.. then I go home, and not eat til noon.. so my body can use my fat, and not my calories (foods) for fuel, then I eat like crazy, at lunch, lmbo... but going to bed early, helps
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off @ 4:45 M-F - off to the gym!!! Remember, there's very little that happens before 9 a.m. that will keep you from working out! No matter what stress comes your way throughout the day, your workout is done!!!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I've been waking up at 5, and I just get up and do it. It's not very often I really struggle to get myself out of bed, even when I'm pretty tired. I usually just think about how I'm on a roll and don't want to spoil that, or how I really don't want to work out after work so morning is the better option.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My alarm is set to 4:40. I am in the gym each morning at 5:00 when it opens. Saturday, I am typically there for about 1 1/2 hours. My gym doesn't open till 8:00 that day. I REST on Sunday. I need it!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I can't even wake up early to save my life, let alone exercise. I guess I get up early on Sundays to run in the hills with my sister, but 7 am isn't really that early, is it? The rest of the week I'm working out at 10 pm and beyond. I'm a night owl, so that's my prime time.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I get up at 6:10 have a cup of tea and I'm out the door by 6:30 to go running. I used to work out in the evenings but I was always so tired by that time and eventually just made up excuses as to why I shouldn't go, and also I live in southern California so at 4 pm it's boiling.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    three years ago I got a dog. the plan was that he would make it necessary for me to get my fat butt off the couch, and it worked. I've always been a morning person, and I get up at 5 to take the dog out for a walk. When we come back, I go for a 30 min bike ride. I always figure that if I'm out of the shower by 6AM, I'm good. I leave for work at 7:30, and this gives me quiet time to prepare myself for the day. Also I live in the tropics so neither the dog nor I want to go out in the hot part of the day. I get home from work around 5:30, and take him for another walk then because if I put it off until after dinner I'd never go. I'm in bed by 9 most nights.
  • kgem4u2
    kgem4u2 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm up at 430 am to get to the gym by 5. Working out in the morning helps me make it through the day. I have a lot of energy after I work out so mornings work better for me. I also go to bed early so I can get enough sleep (very important).
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    In the late spring, summer, and early fall, I tend to get up extra early to get in my run....it is cooler and I feel so much better...the sun motivates me! When the sun isn't shining, I use my stationary bike...but I love early morning runs!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Up at 4 am in the gym by 4:45.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Soon as I hear dem Birds..So noisy :yawn:
    Coffee In, Sneaks on..Out daaa dooooor...
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm out of bed at 5:30 every weekday morning. (Well, 4 out of 5 anyway) I take spin classes three times a week and work out with weights twice a week. (I also go before church on most Sunday mornings now.) The secret to getting there is to have EVERYTHING ready the night before. I pack my breakfast and lunch and have them ready in the fridge. My gym clothes are piled up ready to put on and my work clothing and cosmetics, etc, are packed and at the front door. If I have to do any thinking or last minute scrambling, the gym just doesn't happen. Mornings are the only time I really can consistently work out. Life just gets in the way at other times and no matter how much I promise to go after work, I will find an excuse not to. It never seems to get easier to get up and at it at 5:30, but once I'm up, I'm fine and I always feel awesome for the whole day after I've worked out.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I work all night and get home about 5:30 am. I might get to sleep around 8:30 am. (after getting my kids to school) My first class of the day is 10 am and I have to leave a bit early to get there and set up my steps and weights. Most of the time I just stay awake.. BUT if I fall asleep I just set my alarm and tell myself: Self, you HAVE to get up if you are going to commit to getting healthy you have to show up it's half the battle in it's self... SO I drag myself up drink some coffee and get moving. Once I am there I am good. :)

Luckily my 2nd class of the day is not until 5 pm!! SO I get a few hours between (very few with all the other mommy,wife, home and work duties) BUT I manage! :drinker:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Soon as I hear dem Birds..So noisy :yawn:
    Coffee In, Sneaks on..Out daaa dooooor...

Yes those birds are sure noisy!! LOL
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    between 6a to 7a
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I have worked the night shift for 6 years. I get home at 8 in the morning. In bed by 10:30 a.m. at the latest. and up no later than 6 pm. Recently, I started working out, and I exercise from 7 to 8 in the evening. Then get myself ready for work by 9.