Hikers United!

Options

Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    So have we decided where we are going to go next? I may need someone else to help with at least counting the miles since I cant seem to get online half the time. Thats what happens when 4 people use the same connection. Grrrrrr. That and all the other Optimum users out there.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    How about when we post we add to the previous total for you? eg I walked 6.9 miles yesterday. If you walked 4 miles, you would then post 6.9 miles plus my 4 miles = 10.9 miles, the next person might post 10.9 miles plus their 14 miles = 24.9 miles. That way we have a running total all the time.

As to where next, shall we continue walking south? How far is Philadelphia?
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA Are you sure you wanna go to Philly and not Hershey? bwahahahahaha. Not that far, less than 100 miles. How about Baltimore MD. And going south sounds amazing since winter seems to want to CLING to the north! It snowed just the other day! SNOW! And it was APRIL 30th! :grumble: :noway:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Keeping a running total seems like a Good Plan.

:noway: Although if we go to Hershey you all had better HIDE the Chocolate Covered Peanuts!! I apparently have a Newly Discovered Weakness for them!! If they are in the House I can't stay out of them! Even when it is a Client's House and I usually have No Problem staying out of their Sweet Treats!!
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I know I am a little late to the game here, but can i join? I've recently discovered my love for hiking seeing as how I moved and now am literally on the edge of a national forest and really close to the blue ridge mountains! This virtual hiking adventure sounds awesome. :happy:
  • wahelga
    Options
    Hi Caligirl and welcome.

Jeannie / Tannie - I think we had better stay away from anything chocolate related unless it a veerrry long way to work off those cals LOL. Baltimore sounds good.

How about we start 6 May as its my today and your tomorrow?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Starting Today - May 6 - sounds Great.
    :smile: CaliGirl it is good to have you join us! I am looking forward to hearing about your Real Hikes along with the Virtual Ones!
  • wahelga
    Options
    Good morning ladies, we are leaving New York for Baltimore (not a city I know much about) and courtesy of a lazy day, I can only contribute 3.52 miles :-(
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Anything over 3 Miles /30 minutes is Not Lazy in my Book, LOL!

:heart: I got 5.46 Miles yesterday = 8.98 miles so far. Correct?
  • wahelga
    Options
    5.07 miles for me, so we are 14.05 miles in total.

LOL, my fitbit trainer (an automated programme) tells me I barely did enough yesterday at just over 5 miles. Very hard to convince a machine to cut me some slack.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Machines are Not Very Understanding!!

5.5 Miles today -- I walked a Total of 100 Minutes (18,500 Steps). I NEED New Shoes, LOL!!

:flowerforyou: New Total = 19.55 Miles
  • wahelga
    Options
    Still stormy here so only 3.24 miles today :ohwell:

Total = 22.79 :happy:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :smile: Stormy here too, but I got several short walks in between the Showers. The cat even came out and walked to the store with us this evening -- though he had to keep detouring around water puddles, LOL!!

:flowerforyou: 4.52 miles today = 27.31 Miles

This morning I had just finished with the Treadmill and my Friend Genie came in to the Gym this morning. She likes to talk and she was going to walk on the Treadmill for 20 minutes. I slowed my Treadmill down to 2 mph (from 3.8 mph) and walked Backwards on it while we talked. We only get to see each other Once or Twice a week so it is nice to chat. I did get a few Strange Looks but no one said anything, LOL!!
  • wahelga
    Options
    Great image Jeannie LOL

Weather man is promising sun tomorrow (just in time for the weekend), so hope to get some fresh air and exercise on Saturday (Sunday is Mothers Day).

4.9 miles for me yesterday = 32.31 miles down. I have it as 187 miles in total, so we are 17% of the way there :-)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: I forgot to post last night!

3.54 Miles + 187 Miles = 190.54 Miles

Not sure how much I will get to walk today, but I have the Color Me rad 5K in the Morning, WOO-HOO!!
  • wahelga
    Options
    32.31 plus your 3.54 plus my 4.33 = 40.18 miles in total.

(The 187 miles is the distance we are walking)

I did the Color Run this year (I assume they are the same thing) and had great fun. Looked a mess by the end by we got some great photos, I'll add one to my profile. Have a great time
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: I have been too busy to post much the last 2 Days. But I was Walking!!

Friday = 2.59 Miles
    Saturday = 6.93 Miles

49.7 Miles Total

:heart: Hope you all are having a Great Mother's Day!!
  • wahelga
    Options
    well done. Have been sick with a bad cold so no walks the past few days and maybe no for a couple more as I am still stuffed up, but will see how I go.

How was your Color Me Rad?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I hope you get well quick!! Being Stuffed Up is Yukky!!

:drinker: The Color Me Rad was AWESOME!! We finished in 58 Minutes - 6 Minutes Faster than Sister's Personnal Best, and only 4 Minutes Slower than My Average for a 5K!! We sort of Tricked her in to Promising to do it again next year even though she has said all along that this was a "Once in a Lifetime" thing, just to prove that she could Finish it.

:flowerforyou: 49.7 Miles + 1.98 Mile Walk & 7.05 Miles on a Recumbent Bike = 58.73 Miles
  • wahelga
    Options
    5.28 miles yesterday = 64.01 miles :smile: