The Anti-NSV: Shrank out of my favorite bra.

Options
2»

Replies

• andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I've found that I actually like it, but only at one store and my bank account decidedly doesn't like it one bit. The thing that I enjoy about it is that I just try things on and the saleswoman evaluates it, and goes and gets something else from who knows where. I just tell her what I want and she brings it to me. I'm surprised that they don't serve me tea and scones while I wait in the dressing room.

Yea, I had to do this recently. Was shocked at the prices, but even more at the non-plussed "bra size expert" or whatever she was called who made me feel like it was a high school prom with all the touchy feely, but boy are those bras magnificent and I truly feel as if I have boobs again when I wear them instead of the reality. This is one area I suggest you go get a proper fitting at a high end store and put out some cash for a couple of quality bras. Wash them every day if you have to.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Yea, I had to do this recently. Was shocked at the prices, but even more at the non-plussed "bra size expert" or whatever she was called who made me feel like it was a high school prom with all the touchy feely, but boy are those bras magnificent and I truly feel as if I have boobs again when I wear them instead of the reality. This is one area I suggest you go get a proper fitting at a high end store and put out some cash for a couple of quality bras. Wash them every day if you have to.

Absolutely. There are 2 things that I don't cheap out on: bras and everyday footwear. I just went yesterday, bought a new bra and feel like a million bucks in it. I only own 3 bras ( + 3 sports bras), but every single one is fantastic and does wonders for my whole shape by giving the illusion of awesome boobage.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am waiting until I reach my goal weight before I buy some gorgeous matching bras and knickers sets. In the meantime I bought a pack of 3 bras (the teeshirt type) but these ones have cup inserts. I bought them when I was quite a bit bigger than I am now and the wierdest thing is they fit as snuggly today as they did back then. As far as I'm concerned this is a plus because I won't need to buy any more bras until I'm there!!

Perhaps you could consider this type until you are in a position where you can buy what you want. My set of 3 were on special and cost NZD30, that is NZD10 each!!

Have fun being able to CHOOSE what you want to wear - it's so much more fun than being told what's left that fits you LOL :bigsmile:
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I too went bra shopping today. im glad to know that im not the only woman who detests going bra shopping. why does it have to be so hard to find a good comfortable affordable bra?
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    So my bras were getting loose around the rib cage and riding up the back so I went back to the same store for more, but they only have my size online so I went home empty handed. :cry:

Also, they only go down to my current size which means I will have to find another store that sells wireless but extremely supportive separating bras that do not create uniboob, and have thick elastic bands that do not pinch and come in fun colors and a soft material that resembles a tank top when inadvertently exposed. Yeah, I hear you, "good luck with THAT" *sigh*.

Bra shopping, the only kind of shopping I don't like.
    I understand your pain... I'm about to replace my bra's for the 5th time this year because I've shrunk out of them again. I'm now finding that my current size falls outside the range commonly sold in stores. :grumble:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Yep. I had gorgeous matching sets... small fortune worth in garments to replace. :(
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    So my bras were getting loose around the rib cage and riding up the back so I went back to the same store for more, but they only have my size online so I went home empty handed. :cry:

Also, they only go down to my current size which means I will have to find another store that sells wireless but extremely supportive separating bras that do not create uniboob, and have thick elastic bands that do not pinch and come in fun colors and a soft material that resembles a tank top when inadvertently exposed. Yeah, I hear you, "good luck with THAT" *sigh*.

Bra shopping, the only kind of shopping I don't like.
    I understand your pain... I'm about to replace my bra's for the 5th time this year because I've shrunk out of them again. I'm now finding that my current size falls outside the range commonly sold in stores. :grumble:
    Mine too. Could it be we are the same? H'm...