Crying after a workout???

Options

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me before. Although, it's been a while since the last time
    it happed. I have friends that have had it happen to them as well.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have gotten really emotional after a workout a few times, but it doesn't happen to me often.

I don't think it would be that uncommon, and definitely not something to be ashamed about.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Texans never cry unless they run afoul of a zipper.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    sometimes when I'm struggling with a very hard workout my jimmies get rustled. Like if there is a move I can't quite do or a position I can't quite hold I'll get kinda frustrated
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    No you're not alone. I went to the YMCA here in town and was able to keep up with a really difficult group fitness class. As soon as I was in my car, my husband looked at me and asked me what was wrong. I burst into tears. I was afraid the others were looking at me disgustedly because I was the only overweight girl in the class when they really weren't doing that at all.
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Is it pride or frustration (if you can even pin it down)? I don't cry easily but sometimes I just feel so damn proud of myself for pushing through with something that I get emotional. Or on a total opposite day I get that tiny voice in my head that berates me for not having done the workout well enough...like if I had to take a brief pause or couldn't get through a rep properly. That inner voice is a ***** (as are some of the less empathetic people here).

Some people cry more than others. That's ok! Just keep doing what you're doing and keep that chin up =D
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've never cried but have gotten really depressed after a workout or two, I believe it was either turbo fire or insanity. If i can remember right it had something to do with food (not enough enough or right before a workout, I really can't remember). But it could also be your coming off the workout high ;-/
  • bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    It's happened to me a few times after doing an intense Insanity workout. I felt kinda dumb, but oh well.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That sounds wonderful. It is probably the healthiest thing you can do. Plus, It's also cool you have shared this with other people. I wish could do stuff like that.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Nope! I always feel damn good after my work outs!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Was Billy Ray Cyrus playing in the background? That'd probably make me cry too:sad:
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Just Google it and you'll see you're not the only one. I have heard this happening to others before, as well. :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

Ive heard of people vomitting after a workout....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

Ive heard of people vomitting after a workout....

i tend to think they are going too crazy about it. It's workout not time to try and kill yourself!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I literally just read a blog of someone who said they've been crying during workouts cuz of joy....... My eyebrow raised. I don't think you should feel bad at all, but IMHO it is abnormal - this doesn't mean it is WRONG (for those getting their panties twisted in a bunch) - probably there is a lot more going on in your life than we know!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. I've cried, and puked, after a workout.

It is what is. But I've got these things called emotions so you can't go by me.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel pretty emotionally raw after a strenuous workout. I think it might be connected to a drop in blood sugar because I feel similar if I've gone too long without eating. Not sure but that's my guess.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I do every now and then after my heavy lifting days. For me, I feel it's just stress being released. No biggie-- I walk home, so I have a little cry as I walk and am fine by the time I get to my house. :flowerforyou:
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yeah, happened to me during a run once. It was odd, not sad tears but happy tears. Some people do it after sex too.... (not me, just to clarify :laugh: )
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't cry- I laugh like a lunatic. Seriously. I don't know why, but my response to pain is to laugh. Which is a real pain (literally) during a killer ab workout. (It also threw the people in the delivery room for a loop when I was giving birth to my daughter.)
    I worked with a trainer a couple of times that thought it was the funniest thing- he'd push me extra hard just to get me laughing. My first P90X workout- my ex-husband came into to the room because he thought I was watching a funny movie, and couldn't fathom why I was laughing so hard when he saw I was just working out.