Insanity: is it worth the money?

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
I'm thinking about buying the DvD's, but before I do that; is it worth it? Can you really lose weight with it?

Replies

• jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    well, think about other ways to obtain it before buying it yourself. I won't mention all the options, but what about buying it with someone else and sharing/taking turns.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A quick look at ebay and craigslist shows everything from a single CD for $10 bucks, to a box full of dvd's and other crap for anywhere from $50 - $100...
    Insanity, in my opinion, is a fitness program for people that are in good physical shape, but have gotten a little fat. Some of those routines seem damn near impossible. When i started to try to lose fat, even plain old walking around the park seemed to have a positive impact.
    So to answer your question, I don't think it's worth if for a beginner. If I felt like I had to have it, I would get it used.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would say it's worth it. Some people find it hard keeping up. I go at my own pace. Some moves I'm going as fast as them and some moves I go slower than them. It's really about how much you put into it. The workouts are killer which is what I need. It's helping with my endurance which I love. That was my main reason for buying it in the first place. Weight loss, inches lost is just a plus in my book.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    if you do insanity without a proper diet and you think you will lose weight; it won't happen. Follow a proper diet; put in the work and you will be pleased (even if you can keep up or not!)

I am in day 54 and I eat 2000 cals a day. I have seen drastic changes in my physique!

You can also find a lot of the workouts on youtube if you just want to take a look and see what it's all about.
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am bigger girl but I am getting ready to start month 2. I think it is worth it! I have seen a big difference in myself and I have started to drop the lbs!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I bought it a while back with a discount and I'm not a big fan of workout dvds, I love me a good run or a session at the gym, but if you get into it and you actually do it everyday it can have a HUGE impact. I say it was worth it.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it's worth it (even for beginners).
  • dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    its worth it, how ever you could look for a used set or borrow one.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think 30 Day Shred is a good beginner one. I haven't tried Insanity but have heard from many people that it is tough. 30 Day Shred works great and you can level up when it gets easy for you. Have you looked into that one yet?
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and now im onto Insanity, but tbh I much prefer Insanity. Maybe because I did "warm up" to it with the 30DS but im no way near "in good shape". Hell i'm still a good 30lbs overweight! I'd say its worth it OP!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I liked Insanity when I did it. It is worth the money if you need to have a program to make yourself stick to it. That is why Insanity works... you are moving and jumping a whole bunch, and you dont skip days.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!