The Fast Metabolism Diet

Options
I started this diet last tuesday and have lost over 3 pounds so far. Is anyone else on this diet? Just looking for feedback!

Replies

• Hattie2513
    Hattie2513 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No I haven't but I'm intrigued... I am so bad at keeping to a particular diet in general. Just had a tuna, light mayo and sweetcorn panini and am full but not satisfied! I was fairly close to getting a meal that had fries with it instead...
  • chartt
    chartt Posts: 31
    Options
    what is the fast Metabolism diet?
  • mangins40
    mangins40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of this diet plz tell us more!!!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I do lifestyle changes...
    Once you return to a normal way of eating your weight normally goes back up.
  • Hattie2513
    Hattie2513 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking... and course its true.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

This! I eat what I like, just smaller portions. I make better choices and still fit in treats. Worked well for me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

This! I eat what I like, just smaller portions. I make better choices and still fit in treats. Worked well for me.
    tumblr_m3xijzfdCa1qkyefy.gif
  • rachellainealferez
    Options
    Can you please define the so called "Proper Life Style" ? :flowerforyou: I really need it. I'm afraid that at the end of May i'll get tired dieting. :noway:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Can you please define the so called "Proper Life Style" ? :flowerforyou: I really need it. I'm afraid that at the end of May i'll get tired dieting. :noway:
    Proper lifestyle is where nobody's fat and no one needs to restrict their diet. Everybody knows that.:tongue:
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options

i think it means, eating the same foods you've always eaten, but by logging your food correctly you can also stay within your calorie goals and still lose weight.

put simply: eat what you love to eat....just eat a little less of it.

other items like treats are usually planned ahead, enjoyed, logged, without ever having to feel guilty about them.

that way once you get to goal weight, you dont have to worry about what you are going to eat
  • vickimciveredwards
    vickimciveredwards Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    this is a lifestyle change...no dairy, no refined sugars, no alcohol, no caffine. Its too help your metabolism work properly...Ive now lost a total of 5 pounds in 7 days. The word DIET in this book stands for: DID I EAT TODAY. The aurthor is Haylie Pomroy for anyone who is interested.
  • vickimciveredwards
    Options
    its also only for 28 days...after that,, common sense!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this is a lifestyle change...no dairy, no refined sugars, no alcohol, no caffine. Its too help your metabolism work properly...Ive now lost a total of 5 pounds in 7 days. The word DIET in this book stands for: DID I EAT TODAY. The aurthor is Haylie Pomroy for anyone who is interested.

umm that is called eating in a deficit and has nothing to do with "speeding up metabolism" ....

dairy slows down your metabolism?
  • vickimciveredwards
    Options
    i didnt post this to argue with anyone...but the author is a nutrishionist so....
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    its also only for 28 days...after that,, common sense!

If it's only for 28 days, it's a diet. Not a lifestyle change.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Below is from the website:

"Eat your way to a thinner you! On The Fast Metabolism Diet you’re going to eat a lot, and still lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire. •PHASE ONE (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    •PHASE TWO (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    •PHASE THREE (Friday-Saturday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
    •Repeat for four weeks!
    Each Phase focuses on different whole, healthy foods to calm your adrenal glands, reduce stress on your liver, and feed your thyroid so it can produce the hormones T3 and T4, the superstars of a fast metabolism. You’ll reduce stress, too—and as a result, put the damper on the belly-fat hormone, cortisol. By keeping your metabolism guessing, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory; it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders."

So you pay 24.95 for a plan that has you eating protein, healthy fats, fruits, and veggies...?? LOL you realize you can do that for free right?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    i didnt post this to argue with anyone...but the author is a nutrishionist so....

I am really just trying to save you money...

you can eat healthy food, eat in a 500 calories per day deficit, work out more, and not have to pay some so called nutritionist your hard earned money ..

Why did you post the thread asking about it if you did not want reasoned responses?
  • vickimciveredwards
    Options
    wow.....so glad i posted this for input...ii thought this was a supportive site.....pfft