Full of cold, can't taste a thing

Options
What do you eat when you can't taste anything? It seems like such a waste :D
I am totally stuffed up, sore throat, gone deaf in one ear, coughing constantly and I cant taste a thing!

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Then eat a *kitten* ton of healthy stuff u normally find disgusting! heres your chance! lol
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hot toady :)

Whiskey, lemon, honey and hot water. Also v nice made with rum.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Usually plain toast with some broth soup.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and popsicles can help with the sore throat (you could make your own with citrus juices). I like to eat foods with lots of garlic (so pasta or rice with a good red sauce). Also try to cook for "texture" and "mouth feel. Second the whiskey idea (maybe some hot toddies?). Try and get your vitamins and minerals, but don't worry if you fall short for the next week or so.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat... Bronchitis. I had two months of pneumonia earlier this year. Please go away!

The suggestion of hot tea and honey is a good one. I think I will do that too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A lot of healthy things, it won't matter to you anyway, lol!

Seriously, i hate when it happens. Do you have a neti pot (or sinus rinse)? It's helped me so much. Just make sure to use distilled water. I was congested all the time and ended up having nose surgery to fix it... best things I've ever done.
  • Tt_tracey
    Tt_tracey Posts: 28
    Options
    A hot toddy with rum? That sounds amazing!
  • Tt_tracey
    Options
    Then eat a *kitten* ton of healthy stuff u normally find disgusting! heres your chance! lol

Haha! Good plan! The only health stuff I find disgusting is okra, trout and kiwi fruit.
    I have a whole load of kiwis in the house, maybe I should go and eat one
  • Tt_tracey
    Options
    Ice cream and popsicles can help with the sore throat (you could make your own with citrus juices). I like to eat foods with lots of garlic (so pasta or rice with a good red sauce). Also try to cook for "texture" and "mouth feel. Second the whiskey idea (maybe some hot toddies?). Try and get your vitamins and minerals, but don't worry if you fall short for the next week or so.

Great ideas, thanks!