Returned the FitBit Flex for a FitBit One

Options
For all those debating the FitBit Flex, I will tell you my experience.

I really wanted to like the Flex! I had been checking the website religiously to see when it would come out, and when I saw my local Best Buy had it I drove there immediately. I had a FitBit Ultra, but the fact that it couldn't sync with my iPhone was starting to be a deal breaker (so I gave it to my Mom).

I didn't have any problems setting it up. But, it became clear immediately that it wasn't for me. (1) The bracelet was comfortable, but after I had it on I wondered if I could really rock it 24/7. (2) It would log "steps" when I was sitting on my *kitten* doing stuff with my arms. (3) I missed the stairs feature. Didn't really realize how much fun I had seeing what tall building I had climbed.

So, I took the Flex back to Best Buy and bought the One at Target (it was on sale and I have the Target debit card for the extra 5% off). So completely happy with my purchase and my Ultra is still getting used!

Replies

• marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the low down. I was thinking of getting one to replace my Fitbit Ultra but now I will hang on until the FitBit One works with my Nexus 4 phone.
  • auggies
    auggies Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the review. I have been reading about the Flex, the One, the UP and the BodyBugg trying to decide which one to get. I work at a computer during the day so I don't like the idea of it counting that as exercise. I hadn't thought of that so I'm glad you posted.