Crying after a workout???

Options

Replies

• sarakfra
    sarakfra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh good god. No, you don't have a problem. No, it's not estrogen. And no, it's probably not anxiety or panic. You are not alone in this. I cry 80% of the time on my yoga mat, and I've heard many, many women and men say the same thing. It's an emotional release.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's like sex
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, after a 4 minute Tabata workout during which I pushed myself to my limits.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The workout after which I cry is coitus :(

Often the partner joins in too. Even if partner is just my hand :'(
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Crying doesn't necessarily have to be linked with emotions (happy/sad).
    Sometimes it can merely be a physical response. Obviously your body needed it.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The first time I ran a mile non-stop doing C25K. I never thought I could do it. Congrats on your accomplishments! Your high on endorphins, proud and/shocked at what you accomplished and it makes your emotions go wild. But its a good thing. Be proud of yourself!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Common issue among women. You are a woman, right?

Assuming you're not trolling:

Attitudes like this completely disgust me. You're an idiot if you think only women are allowed to get emotional and cry. The 'MEN SHOULD BE STRONG MEN GRRRRRR' attitude is absolutely pathetic, and men who laugh at other men who are openly admitting they cry/show emotion probably have deep emotional issues that they obviously aren't addressing. Who are you to laugh at someone for being human? Grow up.

I'm not even going to begin with your idea that crying is a 'common issue among women'.

Were you crying when you made this post?

LMAO!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yes happened to me once I hit a calorie goal I pushed for!
  • Shannon_H
    Shannon_H Posts: 35
    Options
    I haven't actually cried, but I got that lump in my throat feeling! I was so proud of myself that I finished it. I think it's happened a couple of times. Exercising and pushing yourself like that is most def an emotional thing as well as physical!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Not often but I do remember at least once after a running workout. I exercise for stress relief though so I was not surprised.

Have also experienced other experiences that may seem odd during a run. I think all of this is very normal.:flowerforyou:
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Oh good god. No, you don't have a problem. No, it's not estrogen. And no, it's probably not anxiety or panic. You are not alone in this. I cry 80% of the time on my yoga mat, and I've heard many, many women and men say the same thing. It's an emotional release.

^ This. It's happened to me too before, after my first yoga session.
  • jnj1013
    jnj1013 Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes, after finishing my first half marathon. It was the most joyous moment of my life to that point and the only place my emotions had to go was out my eyeballs apparently.

I have no panic of anxiety issues and never have by the way.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me once, after I completed a really, really tough workout and as i was striving to the finish i had a cry, but was kind of happiness?! Im sure you're not alone!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I don't cry- I laugh like a lunatic. Seriously. I don't know why, but my response to pain is to laugh. Which is a real pain (literally) during a killer ab workout. (It also threw the people in the delivery room for a loop when I was giving birth to my daughter.)
    I worked with a trainer a couple of times that thought it was the funniest thing- he'd push me extra hard just to get me laughing. My first P90X workout- my ex-husband came into to the room because he thought I was watching a funny movie, and couldn't fathom why I was laughing so hard when he saw I was just working out.

LOL! I'm the same exact way. When I broke my foot I was laughing so people just thought I was fine but really I couldn't walk. And I laugh in scary movies...but I haven't found out if it's because I'm nervous (cause I laugh then, too. Got in lots of trouble when I laughed when I was getting yelled at) or the movie is just that stupid that it's funny :P
  • enfermera88
    enfermera88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me a couple of times. During a really hard workout, usually when I have other stressful things going on in my life. Other times when I feel like I'm not going to be able to make it through my workout, but when I finish and realize what I accomplished, I'm so proud that the tears just come pouring out! Everyone handles their emotions differently, some get mad and want to punch a wall, others want to cry. Crying is less destructive! :wink:
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    never cried but have screamed at Julian before
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i teared up a little when i got into the 1000 club back in high school if that counts
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    meh
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's an adrenaline/endorphin rush I guess.

I cry after workouts sometimes, but for different reasons. Usually because I'm so exhausted and still look the same as I did before the workout, and usually there's some cheerleader prancing at the next treadmill over with a smile on her face running twice as fast as I could even dream of doing.....
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yes.

First time after I completed 30DS.

And after I completed Insanity.

Both times I sat on the floor in my own sweat bawling like a child. I was so proud of myself of completing both programs...I thought the crying was normal and for me...totally necessary...

Maybe I'm a sissy...a sissy who's done Insanity and who's doing it again! I'll probably cry this time, too...