Replies

• sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    nope just vomit from time to time
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    No, I never have, but after my first insanity fit test, I did consider a trip to the hospital for an IV
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I cried during a VERY quiet session of yoga once.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Crying doesn't necessarily have to be linked with emotions (happy/sad).
    Sometimes it can merely be a physical response. Obviously your body needed it.

^Agreed! I've cried on several occasions, but only after a particular workout. For whatever reason, 30 Day Shred Level 2 brings me to tears the moment it stops and enters the cool down. No emotions attached, nothing particular running through my mind, so I can't explain why…but my body needs to let out a short cry.

It doesn't happen with the other levels, and I've done more intense workouts…so who knows. You're not alone and there's nothing wrong with it! Good for you giving it your all…and for sharing!!
  • shareelynette
    shareelynette Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I cry a lot when I'm working out with my trainer and I cried Friday at hot yoga. Most of the time mine is frustration, if i'm having problems doing something.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    No. Never.

Man up.

:flowerforyou:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have never had this happen to me, but I kind of wish it would. I feel like if you work yourself to the point of crying, you are really cleansing your body and mind!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    What did you do post work out?

Put on Dawson's Creek and take a warm bath?
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    No. Never.

Man up.

:flowerforyou:

I like how you tell him to man up the offer him a girly flower haha
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

I cuddle kittens after intense lifting...
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nope. I laugh.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Don't forget the ice cream and candles. And a good cuddle
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

You aren't the only one. It happened to me back in March when my health journey began. After an 8 year absence from physical activity, I was able to last 20 minutes on the elliptical. I just teared up because I realized that I'm back on track after all this time.
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid.. but has anyone ever gotten emotional after a workout? Twice now... once after the Insanity fit test, and just now after the Billy Blanks Bootcamp... when it was finished I was just uncontrollably crying. I have no friggin clue what sparks this b/c I have so many thoughts going through my head... glad it's over with, glad I actually finished it, etc etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one..

You're estrogen levels are too high.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. Means you worked your @ss off, be proud. No shame.

Means you beat some stress outta your head. H3ll yeah.

S/N: I would suggest saving it for the car if you're a dude, I imagine you would get as @ss kicking for crying in the men's locker :laugh:
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that it's women who are responding with something along the lines of "it's totally normal, it's not estrogen because it happened to me."

And by interesting I mean hilarious.

At first I thought it might not be crying but might be some of your awesome leaking out. You know, that could be a possibility if your workout was summiting Everest or winning the Indy 500 or a UFC Championship. Maybe setting a powerlifting record or completing a 100 mile trail race. But then I saw that it was Tae Bo and the Insanity Fit Test and my first thought no longer applied.
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's not stupid. You're experiencing a release. Even if working out feels good, it's stressful, and it can unlock a lot of tension that you carry around with you.
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I haven't cried, but I sometimes get angry during a workout. It usually lasts for like an hour, then I start to feel better. Normal?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NOPE I DONT