Ladies 5'6 please post your success!

Options
I'd love to be motivated by seeing others have succeeded at losing weight. Also please share how you did it! I'd be curious to see how/if the results differ from those who do strictly cardio and those who are heavy lifters.

Replies

• dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'6" reporting! I started out my journey just walking a couple of miles around my neighborhood and following MFP's caloric goals for me. Soon after, I picked up c25k but kind of trailed off after a few weeks. I also tried kettlebells, but again, I didn't really enjoy it.

Now I hike about 3 1/2 miles along a shoreline trail in the woods and I'm loving that. If you can find an exercise that motivates you and is more fun than "working out", you're golden. Best of luck to you!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", but I wanted to show the difference between cardio and heavy lifting

In the first three photos, I was only doing cardio. From the first photo to the third photo, I lost 23 lbs.

From the third photo to the last photo, I only lost one pound, I did zero cardio, only heavy lifting. I have an unusually low RMR (I had it tested), and I eat around TDEE-15%, for me around 1600 calories daily.

RP55VQa.jpg?1
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30-ish shortly after gaining about 50-ish really quickly after relocating. The first 15-ish were all intuitive eating and switching up some meds. The next 15-ish were eating between 1200 and 1600 with a weekly day of 2000ish calories. Lots of walking with a pedometer, even if i was just pacing in my apartment whole watching tv! Very light weights. I can't do heavy lifting due to major abdominal surgery. Thank goodness I don't build muscle in my arms easily, so very light weights sufficed.

Maintained due to depression and complacency. Back to work losing now. Eating the same range of calories, running in place in my living space because I have bad allergies and I'd have to take the bus to a proper park. Body weight exercises.
  • Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Moved to Australia and put on 14pounds in the first few months. Gutted as I was already unhappy with my weight to begin with. Started on MFP in January 2013 after weighing myself and finding I had hit an all time high of 70kgs (or 11 stone). Didnt do much exercise but stuck to the points and lost the first 10kgs pretty quickly, I have been battling the last 2kgs for two months now but I have started working out 3/4 times a week (circuit training - thank you Ipad App) so can definitely see I am firming up (as opposed to loosing)

All in all I would be lost without MFP! It definitely works and the more you stick to it the better it is. I am determined to loose these last Kgs soon! If I can do it, so can you!

Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options

In the first three photos, I was only doing cardio. From the first photo to the third photo, I lost 23 lbs.

From the third photo to the last photo, I only lost one pound, I did zero cardio, only heavy lifting. I have an unusually low RMR (I had it tested), and I eat around TDEE-15%, for me around 1600 calories daily.

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Awesome! I would loveee to start lifting
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Fantastic progress!:)