For those who ''eat clean''

Options

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Naked Juice - After reading the ingredients and considering it MUST be refriderated and has a very short experation date...why would it not be considered clean? Just curious as everything in it could be bought and juiced together to produce the same thing. I'll never have time to juice myself so I figured Naked Juice was the closest thing to it. I only drink the Green Machine or Blue Machine so haven't looked at the ingredients of the other ones.

Shakes - I guess they are processed, true. I drink Shakeology as I feel that's the best one out there with the most nutrients...It's not really a weight loss shake per say or a protein shake per say, just a good-for-you shake.

I guess if we are getting down to it, unless you grow your own garden and raise your own meat and never go to the store, then you aren't eating clean. LOL! I think there must be different levels of eating clean. I mean oatmeal is processed and most clean eaters swear by it as clean.

Naked Juice Green Machine is definitely delicious, that's for sure. However, Naked Juice was dealing with a lawsuit in terms of it's claims. Here's a little excerpt:

1) Labeling its products as “Non-GMO” when, in fact, it knowingly used genetically-modified ingredients in its products.

2) False and misleading labeling of its products as “100% Juice”, “100% Fruit” and “All Natural” when the products contained many different synthetic ingredients and synthetic fibers such as:

* Fibersol-2 — a proprietary synthetic digestion-resistant fiber produced by Archer Daniels Midland and developed by a Japanese chemical company.

* Fructooligosaccharides — a synthetic fiber and sweetener.

* Inulin — an artificial and invisible fiber added to foods to artificially increase fiber content with the typical fiber mouth-feel.

3) Intentionally misleading customers.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but apparently the case was dismissed. However, there have been two following suits held against Naked juice, again specifically targeting the "natural" claims the brand makes.

Regardless, it tastes good and it won't kill ya. That's all that matters, no?

Well no, I don't want to drink it if it's full of bull****. LOL! Guess I'll start juicing if these products aren't going to really tell you what's in them. sigh :(
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I wash my food. Does that count?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Generic - Black Coffee With Equal, 4 cup
    0183 Milk Walmart Great Value - 1% Milk, 2 oz
    Dymatize Nutrition - Elite Gourmet Protein (Casein/Whey Blend) - Milk Chocolate, 1 Scoop
    Cuties - Clementines (Corrected Using Usda Data 3/2013), 0.75 clementines (100g)
    Post Workout Meal 2
    Dymatize Nutrition - Elite Gourmet Protein (Casein/Whey Blend) - Milk Chocolate, 1 Scoop -
    Great Value - Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 0.5 tbsp
    Fit & Active (Aldi) - Caramel Rice Cakes, 0.5 cake (13 grams)
    Protein Bar - Zone - Dark Chocolate Almond, 1 bar
    3rd Meal
    Lawry's - Lemon Pepper Seasoning, 1/4 tsp -
    Home Cooked - Baked Tilapia Filet, 6 oz
    Birds Eye Frozen Vegetables - Brocolli Florets, 2 cup

4th Meal
    Shop Rite - Ground Turkey 99% Fat Free, 112 grams
    Hunt's - 100% Natural Tomato Ketchup /No High Fructose Corn Syrup, 12.75 g
    Arnold - Double Protein Healthfull Bread, 2 slice
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    breakfast - oats and full cream milk
    morning tea - mandarin, banana, apple, peanuts
    Lunch - bacon and egg on home made bread, maybe a side salad of iceberg lettuce and some tomato
    Dinner grilled meat with potatoes and corn cob, peas, or other vegetables
    Desert stewed fruit like plums with cream

drinks organic black tea and home squeezed juices.

Home made bread is easy with a bread machine.

I don't eat totally clean, I eat a breakfast cereal, not oats. I eat oats on cold mornings. The breakfast cereal is pretty good though, Other than that I'm pretty well behaved.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, cereal, ice cream, frozen yogurt, and a occasional egg... Oh wait this is the "cleanies" Sorry I only like my women who eat dirty delicious food :P
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you mean and how far you want to go.

A typical day for me is eggs, bacon, milk, yogurt, fruit and berries, almonds, whole wheat bread, lean beef, potatoes, chicken or pork, and vegetables. I'll often throw in pizza, whole wheat pancakes (I just prefer the flavor), regular pasta and jarred sauce, ice cream, and beer or whiskey. I also have a weakness for Krispy Kreme and dark chocolate. It's a mix, it's what I like and it's sustainable.
  • pmteet
    pmteet Posts: 69
    Options
    How often do you guys shop? And do you keep your greens fresh? I am tired of throwing food away because it goes bad so quickly. Any ideas? I have a food saver but never thought of using it for veggies.
  • ajbltn
    ajbltn Posts: 57
    Options
    I try to eat clean as much as possible. Splenda or other sweeteners are definitely not a clean food... I still occasionally use the odd ingredient that is not necessarily "right from then source" but I know I make a conscious effort to avoid chemicals, GMO foods, nitrates and preservatives. We even limit our meat intake and the meat we do eat is organic and local. It is hard to entirely eat clean, but next summer I'll have a garden with the majority of the veggies we eat and some fruits. (Berries). We are moving in two months, so it'll be too late to start! Sigh. Lol!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Clean eating means many different things to people, you'll probably find. For me, clean eating is avoiding anything out of a box, and I do most of my shopping around the perimeter of the grocery store, with fresh organic produce, free range eggs and wild fish. I also avoid all fat free, low fat, and sugar free products. I'd send you to my diary but I don't log my food any longer, pretty much know my macros and cals for the day. Today's day:

Meal 1: 3 organic eggs w/ mixed spring greens on the side
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1/2 cup of oatmeal w/ chia seeds and almonds
    fruit salad (1 apple, banana, mango, strawberries, and blueberries)

Meal 2: Green Protein smoothie: 2 scoops sunwarrior protein or whey, 5 cups spinach (yes, I love my greens), homemade almond milk, almond butter, flaxseed oil, cocoa powder

Meal 3: Mixed green salad (spinach, kale, peppers, sprouts, seaweed) w/ half avocado, 7 oz of broiled salmon, and quinoa

Meal 4: Other half of avocado with a hardboiled egg.

Meal 5: Miso soup, Tuna sashimi, and brown rice w/ tons of edamame and cucumber

Dessert: my daily dose of 85% dark chocolate and strawberries

I :heart: this so very much!!!
  • geralynhoerauf
    geralynhoerauf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fairly clean, except for daily glass of wine. My diary's open. Meals are proteins and vegetables. Snacks are nuts or fruit. I also include the occasional oat-based homemade breakfast bar.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    For me, clean eating is avoiding anything out of a box, and I do most of my shopping around the perimeter of the grocery store, with fresh organic produce, free range eggs and wild fish. I also avoid all fat free, low fat, and sugar free products.
    [/quote]

This is what I strive for (don't always succeed of coure). If it comes in a box or a can I pretty much try to avoid it. Fresh meats, vegetables (I do eat frozen), beans (dried), and dairy. Raw nuts and seeds....
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I grow my own greens. Particularly silver beet and celery. These go off quickly when you buy a bunch, but you can harvest them by the leaf. Let some go to seed and you have a continuous supply.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    my food is clean 90% of the time. my diary is open so feel free to have a look or add me as friend!
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I avoid dairy and grains. Protein powder from plant fusion is only one processed

Meal 1: Banana with organic blueberries and almond milk
    meal 2: apple with natural organic peanut butter (snack)
    meal 3: green salad with walnuts or almonds, cranberries, eggs or tuna salad
    meal 4: eggs or tuna with pico de gallo homemade guacomole or lentil soup or black bean soup
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    How often do you guys shop? And do you keep your greens fresh? I am tired of throwing food away because it goes bad so quickly. Any ideas? I have a food saver but never thought of using it for veggies.

I usually only shop once a week. I keep a paper towel in the container or bag with any type of greens, its absorbs the mousture and keeps them fresh. When the paper towel gets damp, I throw it away and put in a new one. A bag of salad can last 2 weeks this way.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

meal planning. grocery shop once a week and I don't buy more than I can actually eat until the next time I head to the market. However - I'm only shopping for me most of the time so it's easier not to have excess.
  • Lil_Linds
    Lil_Linds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - eggs whites w/kale, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and garlic
    Lunch - salad and a few almonds
    Snack - plain Greek yogurt w/fruit
    Dinner - quinoa or brown rice with veggies
    Snack - brown rice cake or baby carrots
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think i eat pretty clean! You can look at my diary (avoid weekends though, sometimes i cheat on weekends :P)

Usual routine:
    Breakfast: rolled oats soaked overnight in almond milk and greek yogurt with protein powder and pb2 with fruit
    Snacks: gala apple, grapes, raw almonds. somestimes a quest bar, hummus/celery
    Lunch: mixed greens salad or spinach salad (with hard boiled egg, pepers, avocado, radishes, chickpeas)
    Dinner: usually kale or collared greens (with garlic and onion) sauteed with quinoa. sometimes ill have baked stuffed peppers or acorn squash, baked potatoes, etc. NO pasta!!
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    breakfast- oatmeal with fruit and walnuts or yogurt with fruit and walnuts or melon with cottage cheese
    lunch- salad with avocado and some protein(egg, leftover meat from last nights dinner), dressed with olive oil and vinegar
    dinner- chicken, beef, pork or fish, brown rice or a whole potato with skin, a cooked veggie and a raw veggie
    desert- dark chocolate and fruit, red wine
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Bump