p90x2

Options
I just ordered the base kit (dvds only). I have a 15lb med ball and the pullup rack already. ive seen drmos that you need four seperate med balls-there will be two of us using this program at once and 7 more med balls is a little ridiculous. so i want to know how many i really need-i figure putting my toes on small dumbells to balance is essentially the same thing.

also-can you modify without the stability ball? Our flooring wont grip one-even the ultra grippy types-and id like to refrain from smacking my joints onto concrete.

thanks folks!

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had started P90X2 without all 4 med balls; but as I progressed and got better balance I decided to buy the additional 2. It is some what excessive.... but I didn't think it was a complete waste :)
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    hey - I started out with two med balls - and progressed up to the 4. I am on phase two right now and theres only a handful of times you MAY need 4 med balls - but thats also going to depend on your balance... the med balls will work much better then using a dumbbell.

There are ways you can modify without the stability ball - but I would suggest putting a towel or yoga mat down on your floor and placing the stability ball on top. You are really gonna feel the difference! but every video shows one of the actors doing it without med balls or stability balls so just keep an eye on the guy on the left :)

I have done X2 a couple of times - love this workout!
  • Karri_Lynn
    Karri_Lynn Posts: 83
    Options
    I am doing X2 now and loving it! I need to invest in two more medicine balls. I only have 2 right now. Been putting my feet on those and using my push up stands for my hands.