Lost 100+ pounds with pics!

Options
Oh where to start? Well my journey began about 16 months ago on January 1 2012. I decided that I wanted to be healthy, lord knows I wasn't before, so I started making some life changes. A little about me, I'm currently 22 and a university student. Also, I am no health expert in any way. The things that I talk about are all from personal experience and have helped me, but everyone is different.

Exercise: So as far as working out goes I started very slow. There were lots of out of breath moments, and stretchy pants! I was going to a different college at the time- where I got my associate's degree. I used the gym on campus because it was free for students. I walked some and attempted lifting some weights. I also got on the eliptical because I was scared of breaking the treadmill lol. I usually worked out for 30-45 minutes. Anyways, the weight started really coming off- mainly because I went from a completely innactive lifestyle to working out about 5 days a week and eating better. I did this for about 5 months then I graduated from college!

The next part of my exercise journey was going to bootcamp over that summer. For two months I went to a local bootcamp thing and it was intense. I was proud that I went, and it really helped with my conditioning and endurance. I didn't lose a lot of weight over the summer, but I lost a lot of inches. I gained muscle and lost fat!

Last fall I started university. I started using the gym there, because it was also free. I remember being so nervous. Going to a new gym is really intimidating, especially when a majority of the people in there are super fit hot guys! Anyways, by then my fitness level had increased dramatically! I could lift weights, run, and use both the eliptical and treadmill for half-hour intervals.

Now let me explain my current situation. I still have about 30 pounds to lose and I have recently been solely focused on cardio. I warm up with a 15 minute walk, followed by 45 minutes of either racquetball or tennis, and finish with some time on the eliptical like 20-25 minutes. I also supplement my weekday workouts with running on the weekends. Well, that about sums up my exercise story lol.

Diet: Oh man, here is the big one. I cannot stress enough how important diet is to losing weight. Weight loss is 70% in the kitchen and 30% at the gym- true story. So my sad tale begins with me eating everything in site. I could sit down and easily put away seconds and thirds. I was a volume eater!

My first step was to cut portion sizes. Instead of eating two plates, I would eat one plate and also a salad or some veggies or something. The important thing for me was to feel full. I couldn't simply eat less, I had to replace the large amounts of bad food with smaller amounts and also fruits and veggies!

Currently I am sticking to a 1300 calorie intake a day plan. I use myfitnesspal to track my calories, and I highly reccomend it. I've gotten to where I don't log on too much anymore becuase I used it for about 13 months and know what my portion sizes should look like.

Oh yeah, don't get it twisted, I do have cheat meals and I enjoy them to the fulleset. One of my biggest guilty pleasures is honey chipotle chicken crispers from chilis....they are so bad but so good.....

I really hope that this helps anyone who wants to get healthy and lose weight. It's the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life but beyond worth it. I still have more to go and I won't quit! Slow and steady will help keep it off in the long run. Good luck!!

My highest weight is 320 pounds, I am currently floating around 215. I'm 6'0 and looking to get down to at least 180. I stumbled upon this magical number by calculating my BMI. 180 is the top of a "healthy" body weight for someone my height. Once I reach this goal I'm sure I'll want to keep going; I think that 165 may be a good number. We'll see, all in due time ;-)

Here are two before pictures. I'm around 320 in both of these pictures.

DSC03042_zpsdfe7a7d0.jpg

DSC02738_zps2a44f196.jpg

Here are two after pictures. I'm around 215 in both of these pictures :smile:

DSC03654_zps9f74c4a2.jpg

megsbdayyyyyy007-Copy_zpsc2739840.jpg

Replies

• carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You've got some amazing results! Good for you! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You are doing so well and you look fantastic!!! :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Great job hon! You look fabulous!
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    PeaceLoveandFitness140 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing tranformation!!!!!!!!!. I totally agree with you. Losing weight the healthy way is definately 70% kitchen time and 30% gym and workout time. Keep up the outstanding work! :happy:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Your dedication is VERY inspiring! Kudos x20!
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job and thank you SO much for sharing your story! :smile:
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome job girly! :)
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Very inspriring!! :)
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!! :)
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Well done!
  • recreatingashleigh
    recreatingashleigh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are truly and inspiration, you look amazing :)
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • Daniipri22
    Daniipri22 Posts: 11
    Options
    You look beautiful! Well done :) Such an inspiration x
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible!! Awesome work!! :happy:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    YOU. LOOK. INCREDIBLE!

What an amazing transformation! You're an inspiration to us all, congratulations!
  • Raven2evil
    Raven2evil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow You look amazing and seriously look like you went back in time. You look so much younger in the second set of pictures. I'm so happy for you :):drinker:
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thats awesome good job! you look alot happier now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!