ways to change my chicken for eating but be careful i have a

Options
just want some new ideas on how to change up my chicken eat a lot in salads and plain with veggies have an ulcer so cant get to spicy... any suggestions?

828710.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• suzyq2992
    suzyq2992 Posts: 19
    Options
    try to make it with a few noodles over gravy eat 1 cup its not to bad and very filling
  • Notsocorny
    Notsocorny Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm a fan of baking it in garlic, rosemary and olive oil! So yummy! :smile:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I put chicken in my slow cooker/crock pot and 1-2 cans of the 98% fat free cream of chicken soup ( you can use cream of mushroom or any other "cream of" soup) and any veggies (I tend to put corn, carrots, celery, etc). Cook 3 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. They meat comes out moist and delicious. Check the recipes section of the forum for tons of great recipes.
  • canawoman
    canawoman Posts: 43
    Options
    I fix a package of Uncle Bens Whole Grain Brown Rice with a can of black beans and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. Very very filling and I serve it with 4 oz. grilled chicken breast.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Chicken mixed with Brown & Wild rice is one of my faves (next to grilled chicken salad). You can also try chopped chicken with grilled sweet potatoe & veggies (squash & zuchinni). I have acid reflux so have to be careful about "acidic" foods, but no where near to the extent you do, so I know it's gotta be even harder for you. Though I've found that experimenting with foods can be fun. Try mixing 2 or 3 of your favs together & see what you get (mix it up by either boiling, baking or lightly frying/cook in oil without the icky batters). My best foods have come from experimentation :wink:
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Go the recipes section and check out the Caribbean Chicken recipe I posted today. It isn't spicy and is less than 300 cals! Easy to make too!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I put my chicken in a tin foil packet with onions, mushrooms, peppers and green beans, a little bbq sauce and on the BBQ, I make a few, so I have a quick lunch the following the day, sometimes I throw it over quinoa, and it's fantastic, and no dishes!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like to pan sear mine (using Pam) then I put 1 cup of cooking wine (low cal and not expensive) in the pan with 1 cup of fat free, low sodium chicken broth and mix 2 tbsp of corn starch. Let the liquids come to a rolling boil and then add the corn starch slowly. Once all of that has thickened a little, I add the chicken breasts back in and simmer for about 15 minutes. Place over rice, its delicious, makes you think you've had something fancy and entire dish is about 300 calories. I got it from weight watchers. If you need or would like more specifics feel free to send me a message directly. Happy eating!! :happy:
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    Chicken Burgers.......Baked chicken, cut in half and so forth and so on.....it's much healthier than hamburger.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I was out of stuff to fix one night so I just threw together what I had. Diced up a chicken breast and cooked it a little bit in a skillet. Added fresh onions, mushrooms and diced up a fresh tomato. Put in a litlte minced garlic and it was excellent. I'm gonna have to make it again soon. Very low calorie, low carb and very low sodium.

Quick and easy too.
  • Alex2002
    Alex2002 Posts: 1
    Options
    Perhaps you should get your ulcer treated, then maybe a nice chicken vindaloo
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    thanks everyone for the advice i will definitley check all these out they all sound good