Cellulite/ Stretch Mark Creams??

Options
I know that the most efficient way to combat cellulite is by excersizing and a low fat diet- I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with any of the creams for cellulite or stretchmarks??
I've heard good things about Nivea "Goodbye Cellulite" treatments on their website but I can't find any real-people reviews.
I finally feel okay with my legs to wear shorts, not I just want to get rid of cellulite!!

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I tried that Nivea stuff and wasn't at all impressed. I did get a rubber cellulite scrubber that I use in the shower and it seems to give some improvement if used consistently. I use it with a body wash to help it move well over the skin. I got the scrubber on ebay for just a few $$s.
    Here's a link to a website that sells them, but you can find one cheaper on ebay.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Slimulator_5130.htm
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    id be very interested in this as i have horrible stretch marks from my second child
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I love the nivea good bye cellulite serum. I always can tell a difference after I have been using it a week. If you stop using the cream like I do in the winter, the cellulite shows up again.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ive used Nivea good by cellutlite serum and gel with success, I maintain for about a month inbetween sessions with jergens skin firming lotion, and for stretch marks I love my Bio Oil.

My cellulite isnt perfectly gone, but alot more smooth.

Remember with stretch marks, it is scar tissue it never goes away, but they shrink and fade with the oils which increase the elasticity in your skin
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    After having my baby I had terrible cellulite and absolutely HORRIFIC stretch marks on my legs and quite bad ones on my hips and belly. As I have slimmed down the cellulite has gone. I know some people say that they still have it even when they are thin though.

My stretch marks have reduced DRAMATICALLY. I said this to hubby the other day and he agreed that they had. I know they will never go completely but I wore a dress the other day and had my legs out and everything. Never thought I would ever do that again!! They were bright red before and now they are a light brown and some of the worst ones have disappeared to an almost silvery colour.

I moisturise twice a day with Palmers cocoa butter (the tub type, not the diluted kind in a bottle. The actual one that comes in a tub and looks like a block of butter inside) and I really think that helped the appearance of them. I also drink 8 glasses of water a day and I am 27 years old. Some people say that those things are factors as well but all I know is I am happy with the results so its worth a try to see if it works for you as its a relatively cheap cream. (£5 for a large tub in UK)
  • EgregCane
    EgregCane Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there,
    It looks like you have two problems - a) cellulite and b) stretch marks.
    1st is cellulite. You know the drill - exercise and proper nutrition plan plus portion control. The more often the better. I did mine with p90x plus and the enlisted help of Garnier BodyTonic anti-cellulite gel. It comes in a 200 ml yellow tube with a green cap. Costs about EU 15. The results are visible in about two-three weeks. Try some non-breathable panties and, of course, water consumption in abundance.
    2nd - stretch marks. This is a trickier one because it depends on your skin. It is strictly individual because some women never manage to get rid of them irrespectively of what cream they use. The best creams to work on stretch marks are actually creams designed to tighten and lift up the skin. A friend of mine lost lots of weight and ended up with a hanging chin underneath her face. She used a lifting cream and the effect was, I would say, dramatic. However, it is difficult to find a lifting cream that has rich texture because the lifting creams are mainly formulated for the face and not for the body.
    I formulate cosmetics in a lab and do the research and developments according to the desires of the customer. The customers always want something non-greasy and light in texture for the face and something with quick absorption and perceptible moisturizing effect for the body. Body butters have ingredients that are meant to moisturize the skin and nourish the skin plus they make a film on the skin surface that keeps the trans-epidermal water loss to minimum. Try Body Shop's and look for shea butter in the ingredients list.
    Hope it helps
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    It looks like you have two problems - a) cellulite and b) stretch marks.
    1st is cellulite. You know the drill - exercise and proper nutrition plan plus portion control. The more often the better. I did mine with p90x plus and the enlisted help of Garnier BodyTonic anti-cellulite gel. It comes in a 200 ml yellow tube with a green cap. Costs about EU 15. The results are visible in about two-three weeks. Try some non-breathable panties and, of course, water consumption in abundance.
    2nd - stretch marks. This is a trickier one because it depends on your skin. It is strictly individual because some women never manage to get rid of them irrespectively of what cream they use. The best creams to work on stretch marks are actually creams designed to tighten and lift up the skin. A friend of mine lost lots of weight and ended up with a hanging chin underneath her face. She used a lifting cream and the effect was, I would say, dramatic. However, it is difficult to find a lifting cream that has rich texture because the lifting creams are mainly formulated for the face and not for the body.
    I formulate cosmetics in a lab and do the research and developments according to the desires of the customer. The customers always want something non-greasy and light in texture for the face and something with quick absorption and perceptible moisturizing effect for the body. Body butters have ingredients that are meant to moisturize the skin and nourish the skin plus they make a film on the skin surface that keeps the trans-epidermal water loss to minimum. Try Body Shop's and look for shea butter in the ingredients list.
    Hope it helps

Great advice. Your job sounds very interesting.

Considering what you said on the stretch marks would you say that the cream I use is in line with that? I use Palmers Cocoa Butter. It literally looks like a butter
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do regular exercise also helps to reduce strech marks.
    Drink lemon and hot water in the morning.
    Take fresh fruit.
    It can really beneficial remedy to strech marks.
    http://www.thebeautyinsiders.com/nivea-body-good-bye-cellulite.html
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have stress marks in my chest and delts from hypertrophy. I've been using coco butter but can't see a difference so far.
  • 79shirl
    79shirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm just at the stage in my weight loss now where the cellulite in my thighs has become a lot more noticable. I body brush everyday day now as part of my morning ritual and usually did it 4 weeks before going on holiday and always noticed a difference.

So invest in a good firm body brush and after a couple of weeks you'll notice the difference....my husbnad did, he said it had almost gone, and if this is done everyday it will help break down the cellulite whilst loosing weight and should prevent it from getting any worse only better.

As for the stretch marks, I have them quite bad after developing them as a teenage after having growth spurts and after putting weight on in a BIG way in my 20s and then loosing it. The best think I have ever used is called Bio Oil. Apply it to the areas where you have stretch marks everyday and you will see a visable result. The oil is specifically designed to reduce stretch marks and any surgery scares. It's also nice to put a few drops in the bath and have a nice soak and once you've padded yourself dry will feel the softness in your skin. I also use coco butter but put a few drops of the bio oil in so you can make it go further.

I hope this helps :-)
  • arbata9
    arbata9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem to be honest as cellulite seems to be in the family :-S I have horrible legs although have never really been overweight or not fit!! :-/
    My battle with cellulite:

1. I have recently read that caffeine is very good for cellulite as most of the cellulite creams contain powdered caffeine. So! I made this home-made cocoa butter-coconut butter-caffeine body butter and use it once a day with a good brush.
    2. Reduced salt.
    3. Forgot about fried foods completely.
    4. Started drinking water.
    5. Thinking drinking apple cider vinegar (?!)

After 7 weeks I can see some improvement, but I guess it will take me another 4-5 months before I can go on a beach without worrying about it.
  • brigitda
    Options
    Hi there, answers like the one by curleesam are correct. We are talking about two issues here: cellulite and stretch marks, which men and women can get equally. Luckely for us, nature doesn’t make a different here. Finally I am losing weight since my spouse and me have started to go the fitness club together and live way much healthier lifestyle. So I had heard good news on the anti-stretch mark cream by Danaefabienne which made me very curios to try it as well. No doubt it is a great product to keep the stretch mars away. Now, he uses is it more often than I do.
    On the second issue I share the opinion that sports and massage are indispensable to get rid of cellulite. However, we have to use an anti-cellulite program with the massage to obtain the desired effect. The same company offers a 3 phase program that I’m currently using for about 3 weeks now; and believe to see a little less cellulite. I will inform you guys in some time…
    Hope I could help!
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree massages will help as well as using foam rollers on trouble areas