Is this too much?

Options
I dont know if any of you guys use this workout video or not, but its walk away the pounds 5 mile fat burning walk. To do the whole five miles it usually just takes an hour. It gets pretty brisk and she adds moves into it like side steps, knee raises, tap outs and etc. Would it be too much if I did just this video the whole 5 miles twice and day? Thanks for your help.

Replies

• CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Too much is relative. I think it depends on your body. I would suggest doing to for 2.5 miles morning 2.5 at night. The goal is to keep your metabolism at a peak high all day long. If this becomes too easy, then you can always increase your walk :) So listen to your body and go for it :)
  • seasha86
    seasha86 Posts: 38
    Options
    Anyone??
  • seasha86
    Options
    Right now I can do the whole 5 miles without getting too winded but at the end I still feel like I got a great workout in. Thanks for ur help!! I will try and see :smile:
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you can do it and have the time, go for for miles in the AM and 4 in the PM. Give it a shot, if it's too much.. stop haha
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this video so much, I know the dialog by heart. I've resorted to muting the sound. One of her other videos that I checked out from the library had the option of muting the chatter, but not muting the drum of the music. That worked well. Are you measuring your calorie burn with a heart rate monitor? The reason I ask, is I have been burning fewer calories per my HRM than the MFP walking at 5 mph calculates. So, I enter the lower # of calories. As for how often and how long, just listen to your body.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    depends on your energy level- I usually do 2-3 miles (12 min each) in the am and pm, I prefer the fast paced walk and get so much more out of it:wink:
  • seasha86
    Options
    I've been doing this video so much, I know the dialog by heart. I've resorted to muting the sound. One of her other videos that I checked out from the library had the option of muting the chatter, but not muting the drum of the music. That worked well. Are you measuring your calorie burn with a heart rate monitor? The reason I ask, is I have been burning fewer calories per my HRM than the MFP walking at 5 mph calculates. So, I enter the lower # of calories. As for how often and how long, just listen to your body.

I dont have a heart rate monitor :( When I put it in to MFP I usually just put in the 3.5 brisk walk or 4.0 very brisk walk. Is that right or should I change it? How much are HRM and where can I get them?
  • sippy01
    sippy01 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been wanting to buy these video's but didn't know if they work?? DO they?? I am wasting all my money on videos and they get real boring after awhile! Do you guys suggest anymore that are great??
    Thank you
  • seasha86
    Options
    I have been wanting to buy these video's but didn't know if they work?? DO they?? I am wasting all my money on videos and they get real boring after awhile! Do you guys suggest anymore that are great??
    Thank you

I really like this video its really easy to follow. I have only been doing it for about a week so I dont know if it works yet or not. I really feel like a got a great workout afterwards. It also really makes you sweat ur butt off LOL!
  • alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Search HRM for a whole bunch of discussion on that subject. In the interim, I think logging at the reduced pace will be just fine. Good luck.
  • seasha86
    Options
    Search HRM for a whole bunch of discussion on that subject. In the interim, I think logging at the reduced pace will be just fine. Good luck.

Thank you! :happy: