Anyone do WW and MFP?

Options
Does anyone do this and have any success?

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight doing an old WW plan that I had here at the house and logging my food on MFP. It always seemed to look like I was eating under but I know WW has science behind it. The big issue with doing it is that WW allows you to eat anything as long as you stay within the points but you have to remember what they really teach you is to make healthier choices. So while you can eat the choc cake, they would prefer you to eat fruit and veggies. So just make sure you are getting the nutrition.

1 last tip. Even though WW gives you 0 point foods, make sure you log them here and let the calories count.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Yes. WW help me reach my original goal weight. Now MFP is taking my fitness to the next level.

Nothing wrong with doing both but keep mind WW is not free.

Herb
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP but didn't lose any weight for the first 3 months. It was very frustrating. Joined WW online and lost 4 lbs right away. Kept losing consistently an average of 1.5 pounds per week. Never felt hungry on WW. I kept logging on WW and MFP. Now that I've reached my goal weight I just do MFP but stick with the way I was eating on WW and am still losing a little. I could stand to lose 10 more but I'm not pushing myself to do it. I'm comfortable where I am. I still eat my 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day, have my 2 to 3 servings of dairy, drink all of my water etc. Surprisingly WW hasn't billed me since I hit my goal weight 3 months ago.
  • hunnyhun921
    hunnyhun921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do both. Started WW 2 weeks ago. I was going up and down in weight with using MFP only. I have been on a steady decline since incorporating WW.
  • emilyjoanna
    emilyjoanna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did this program before & loved it. Wanted to compare it to MFP &use MFP as logging. I'm not going to be paying for WW because I have the books & was going to use MFP to log. Love MFP! I've lost 11 lbs on it so far!!! :)
  • emilyjoanna
    emilyjoanna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Seems fairly pointless, IMO.

It's like: does anyone brush their teeth with an electric toothbrush and a normal? Sure, you can do it, but why the hell would you?

I understand what you're saying. I was just curious how the points added up to daily cal intake. Haha!
  • meggat622
    meggat622 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started WW again as I need an extra push as it appears that I have hit a plateau. I plan on trying WW for a bit to see if I can jump start this last bit of weight I have to lose.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I follow the WW principals and log everything in MFP.....i don't attend meetings nor go to the WW website...i use MFP as my diary. I know what and how i need to eat (been doing weight watchers on and off over the years) so it's fairly easy to do. Just sticking with it is the challenge. I'm learning to be more creative with my dinner choices to not get board and it's working!

Find someone who has the WW books to lend you and teach your self the program. You can do it!

*you can find a ton of info on the program simply by googling if you don't have someone with the books.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did this program before & loved it. Wanted to compare it to MFP &use MFP as logging. I'm not going to be paying for WW because I have the books & was going to use MFP to log. Love MFP! I've lost 11 lbs on it so far!!! :)

I just saw this.....so there you go...you know the program and that is 1/2 the battle. MFP is the only tool you'll need for logging.

BEST OF LUCK!
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The big issue with doing it is that WW allows you to eat anything as long as you stay within the points but you have to remember what they really teach you is to make healthier choices. So while you can eat the choc cake, they would prefer you to eat fruit and veggies. So just make sure you are getting the nutrition.

Using MFP alone is the same thing - You can eat your chocolate cake you just need to count your calories for it and make sure it fits

Honestly I don't see much of a difference between the 2 programs as your counting so I only do this - It would be nice to have freebie fruits but I have stayed on MFP now for just over 3 months while I have never done this on WW or any other plan to lose weight

So its really up to each person and what works for them
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do them both. I need the weekly meetings that WW provides, but I prefer to log on MFP to keep track of my % of fat, protein, and carbs because I cycle.

~Chelle