Yoga DVD?

Options
Basically I would like to find a new yoga dvd to use with a workout around 45 minutes (30 minutes to 1 hour would be okay).
I live in a small town with no place in reasonable driving distance to take a class.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Bonus points if I can find it on Amazon for cheap :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Search Rodney Yee, he's great. Tara Stiles as some good stuff on YouTube, but I've only ever done her shorter vids.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What style of yoga are you looking for?
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is good for getting sweaty whilst doing yoga poses. Each level is around 30 mins long, I've heard a lot of people say doing levels 1 and 2 back to back creates a good workout and is easily achievable (I'm just too lazy :wink: ).
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    What style of yoga are you looking for?

I'm actually not sure. I'm open to suggestion. I've done hatha yoga & kundalini yoga. Honestly I don't know much about different styles.
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is good for getting sweaty whilst doing yoga poses. Each level is around 30 mins long, I've heard a lot of people say doing levels 1 and 2 back to back creates a good workout and is easily achievable (I'm just too lazy :wink: ).

I've got that one and love it :)
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I second Rodney Yee.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    I second Rodney Yee.
    cool I found some to try. thanks :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    PBI but can anyone recommend an easy to follow Yoga workout on YT? Not too advanced.
    I am not sure of the name of the style of yoga - the best type for increasing strength and flexibility , does that help??
    . I have looked on YT but there are sooooo many and would appreciate feedback on any that you have tried and can recommend
  • uthatswho
    uthatswho Posts: 34
    Options
    I tried the Weight Watchers one, super easy and cues are slow to walk thru the poses. Have you tried collage videos? They have reviews for some videos. My local hospital offers yoga in seniors center. May not need a gym to find someone certified to teach.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee is absolutely stunning to watch. I also have Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. Lots of options on that DVD.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I've got that one and love it :)

Have you checked out DVDs by The Biggest Loser with Bob Harper for yoga? Similar style to Jillian's :)
  • donnasparks148
    Options
    Rodney Yee! He has a power yoga DVD that is broken down into 5 work-outs that are about 20 minutes each.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It has been said, but you can't say it enough: Rodney Yee all the way. I love everything I have of his.
    1) Yoga for strength and energy is my favorite. There is even a good cardio yoga routine in there.
    2) A.M. Yoga for your week. 5 workouts that are 20n minutes each. It's awesome.
    3) Yoga for beginners. He has an excellent tutorial lesson on all the poses in the workouts.

I used to have others but my children and husband destroyed them.
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    DeterminedToBeHealthy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the type of yoga you’re interested in but if its ashtanga yoga either Godfrey Deveruex or Richard Freeman. Probably not for beginners, these are challenging, but hope you find something that inspires you.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    PBI but can anyone recommend an easy to follow Yoga workout on YT? Not too advanced.
    I am not sure of the name of the style of yoga - the best type for increasing strength and flexibility , does that help??
    . I have looked on YT but there are sooooo many and would appreciate feedback on any that you have tried and can recommend
    Tara Stiles is pretty easy to follow. Anything of Rodney Yee is great, but not always for beginners. I also really like Rainbeau Mars' stuff on the BeFit YouTube channel. Sadie Nardini has some stuff on there you might like as well. They also have Denise Austin doing Yoga, not sure how 'traditional" of yoga that is, though.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am you studio on youtube also has some amazing yoga videos
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Ana Brett/ Ravi Singh dvds, if you haven't done those. They are kundalini. Fat Free Yoga: Lose Weight and Feel Great is my daily go-to. I also love Yoga Beauty Body and Bliss Hips. I've been doing them for years and never get tired of them!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    Options
    some good suggestions for YT, thanks ! I will look them up

also I am confused about the different types of yoga - yin, hatha, etc etc

How are they different ?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    Options
    Im not sure what type you want but here are teo very good power yoga workouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFufnkfRV4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLi93EIHx5o

thanks !