Need egg casserole recipes with no starch

Options
HeatherBittner
HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
Hi there. I am looking for an egg casserole recipe with bread or potato. Looking to make it for a Mother's Day brunch. Thanks!!

Replies

• HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Clarification please?

Topic title says "need egg casserole recipe with "no" starch" Then inside you ask for an egg casserole recipe with potato or bread.

Not sure what you want, but as far as I know, both bread and potato are major starches.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    check out pinterest, bisquick, etc. they all have some great ideas for easy to make and reheat, or put together the night before type dishes
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Clarification please?

Topic title says "need egg casserole recipe with "no" starch" Then inside you ask for an egg casserole recipe with potato or bread.

Not sure what you want, but as far as I know, both bread and potato are major starches.

Yup, I am confused too.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you mean no bread and potato, what I do is pretty simple. I spray cooking spray on the bottom of a casserole dish. I layer the bottom with shredded cheese. I beat some eggs with salt and pepper or whatever seasoning (6-8 eggs, probably, for a 9x13 dish). I beat in a tad more cheese. I add in turkey sausage crumbles. You could do any meat/veg combo you want here. I bake at 350 until almost set. Then, I layer the top with more cheese and bake until melted. You can also broil at the end for 1-2 minutes for a nice browned topping.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I made an awesome quiche yesterday that would be easy to make crustless.

8 eggs
    2 tomatoes diced
    1 C mozzerella cheese (shredded)
    1/4C diced onion
    10 basil leaves chopped
    Salt and Pepper

Place tomatoes and cheese in bottom of pan (I used a 9" pie pan). Sautee onion until carmelized (about 20-30 mins), whisk eggs with carmelized onion basil and salt and pepper. Pour over tomatoes and cheese and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (or until eggs set).

Serves 8 ( I made this with a 9" pie crust- it was only 20g carbs per serving- but it would be simple to do it without the crust, as a frittata or or even in muffin tins).
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Sorry meant to type WITHOUT bread or potato. Sorry for the confusion.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    thats hilarious u ask for a recipe with no starch- potatoe, bread is a starch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    No STARCH BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
    Makes: 4 servingsTotal Time: 30 min

Submitted by: KBAndBeast

Category: Breakfast/Brunch Sub Category: Casseroles & Skillets

what you need•1/2 package sausage, cooked and drained
    •5 eggs, beaten
    •1 cup milk
    •1/4 cup chopped white onion
    •1/4 cup chopped red onion
    •1/4 cup chopped green onion
    •1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    •1 cup Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese

make it

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 5-inch frying pan with cooking spray. Cook sausage, breaking with fork until no pink shows. Drain fat. In a bowl, beat five eggs and milk. Add the onions and pepper. Stir in the sausage.

Pour the entire mixture into a sprayed 9" by 13" baking pan. Top with Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.AKFAST CASSEROLE__________
  • slowglitchen
    Options
    I like this, I am going to try it.. what would the calorie intake be? :heart: for the two recipes, posted... Not so much interested in carbs intake, but calories for right now... or should I just measure what I eat and lists the cheese/egg/and I prefer bacon... but I will try both recipes... thankee :drinker:
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would look into quiche recipes. I think you can make them without potato or bread. And they're really versatile, you can put whatever veggies you like. I like making mine with turkey sausage, mushrooms, onion, and cheese.
  • shirldavis5
    Options
    spray your cupcake tin with pam,
    you can line it with thinly sliced ham or turkey, add beaten eggs or egg whites,
    whatever you would like in your omelete
    any veggies you like, I like cooked mushrooms and spinach with mozzerrela cheese.
    or any other cheese you like, I prefer 2 % fat content.
    you can make all same or different.
    bake 350 20 mins.
    taste great nuked for work bkfst.
    yummy
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Use any quiche recipe you like, just don't do a crust.

Basic crustless quiche

Mix together in bowl:
    6 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 1/4 cup cream, milk, or half and half
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp sugar
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/3 cup grated onion

Stir into above mixture or layer in greased pie plate:
    4 oz grated cheese (I use 1 oz asiago and 3 oz swiss)

and your choice of other ingredients:

1/3-1/2 cup bacon, crumbled

1 cup steamed broccoli (use with cheddar cheese)

1/2 cup sauteed fresh or canned mushrooms, 1/4 cup sauteed red pepper, 1/2 cup cooked crumbled sausage

Arrange/pour all into greased pie plate. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, reduce oven temp to 300F, and bake an additional 25-30 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Keeps in the refrig for a week, warm a slice 45-60 seconds in the microwave.
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    :embarassed: Sorry meant to type WITHOUT bread or potato. Sorry for the confusion.

thanks!, I was too tired at the end of my work day to even think that you wanted one "without " the potato or bread :))

Sounds like some yummy recipes up there, hope you find one you like, think I might try a couple of them too! Thank you for posting:) and thank you those with the recipe ideas!
  • littlechime
    Options
    We make a yummy Confetti Corn Pudding that's good. Also, you can make any quiche recipe without the crust.

Corn Pudding recipe: http://www.parenting.com/article/confetti-corn-pudding-21355188
  • Zonny
    Zonny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My breakfast nearly every morning is egg whites with pretty much any veggie I have on hand. I always have mushrooms and onions, usually peppers, sometimes spinach and asparagus. I cook these veggies in a good-sized batch in the oven with a spritz of olive oil and some sea salt, and have them ready to throw into my breakfast or whatever. If I'm being daring, I'll add some Parmesan cheese! You could do a larger version of that maybe?
  • dmeade5
    dmeade5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another good reference place is www.sparkpeople.com/resource/recipes.asp‎. I use it all the time. They will also send you a daily recipe. Good luck
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Nutritional info on Caprese Quiche

I calculated it at 265 calories, 14g carbs, 15g fat, 11g protein, 295mg sodium:smile:
  • slowglitchen
    Options
    tx... :smile:
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Green Chile Pepper Egg Casserole

I dozen eggs beaten with 1 cup half in half
    1 lb lean breakfast sausage of your choice (crumbled, cooked and drained)
    7 oz Canned Roasted Green Chilies
    1/2 diced onion, microwave with 1 tbsp butter let cool a minute
    1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar or Cheese of your liking
    Sour Cream and Salsa for Garnish

Preheat oven 375 degree F. Spray 9x12 pan. Spread sausage on the bottom, then chilies and onion. Pour egg mixture over it. Sprinkle Cheese on top. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes until it is toasty on top and the egg mixture is set. Top with Sour Cream and Salsa....This is low carb, but you can use skim milk and light cheese to make it low fat.