31 Day Challenge: Make It To One-derland by May 31st 2013

Options

Replies

• WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    This month I would like to loose instead of yo-yoing up and back down. I would like to work out at least 4x a week, as long as my hectic work schedules allow. Trying to find my motivation and remain consistent is the hardest thing!

May 1st: 261
    May 31st: 250

Hi there WorkNProg3s, I think those are admirable ends to aspire to.

If I may, allow me to encourage you in 2 areas. First, finding time to work out. Instead of allowing your hectic work schedule dictate whether or not you work out, you should give strong consideration to disciplining yourself to set a time to work out when you know you will not be interrupted. Otherwise, your schedule will always dictate your health goals. Consider first thing in the morning or heading out to the gym before you go to work. That is my time. But I'll be honest: It is a struggle for me to get out of bed at 4:30 and 5am everyday (depending on my schedule) and sometimes I don't get up with enough time to get in a full workout. But early morning, before my day gets started is the best time for me to workout because I truly can not guarantee the rest of my day. Not to mention when I get home, I certainly don't feel like working out most days. If that guaranteed time of day for you is not early morning, then figure out what would work best for you - lunch time or late evening. Just decide and then commit.

Secondly, I have found that once I made a firm decision to get on track, the process itself was motivating. Plus feeling and starting to see changes in my body keeps my fire lit. So I say just get started because the motivation will certainly follow you. I do hope this helps!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    How has everyone been doing so far on their goals? I have been blogging my experience. I weighed in this morning and dropped 1.6lbs since Wednesday so I am not only on track for loosing 20lbs in 31 days, I am a little ahead! Feel free to share your progress!
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Down .6 from last week (.4 since my first post on this thread) to 215.1. Making progress!!
  • Thinnyminime
    Thinnyminime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Goal!!! My goal is to get within striking distance of ONE derland by May 31st so that in the month of June I can hit it hard. I'd like to kick off the summer in ONEderland!!!! I'll be watching you and I want you to know that you have my encouragement!!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    SW 123
    GW 117
    It doesn't sound like much but my old weight was 264
    I've been on maintence for 2 years now
    IT IS HARD!
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in! I hesitate as I have been losing almost 3 pounds a week for the past month, but worry I will jinx myself by putting it out there that I can do it.

My stats: Starting weight (today) 209.0
    Goal weight: 199

Good luck!
  • SMM32
    SMM32 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in for the 31 day challenge!!! I am having a hard time staying committed to losing the weight and committing myself to the gym. I have no idea where to start? I love food and I find if I spend a lot of time thinking about what I am eating, how much and what I shouldn't be eating I get frustrated and eat more!!! any advice??

May 6th SW 273lbs
    May 31st EW 265lbs

P.S. I love my wine :s
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    I want ONE-derland. I am not sure it is realistic for me this month. My goal is August/Sept for that. This, in part because of a two week vacation slated for June.

However, I plan to continue to make progress this month...

Today, May 6th I am 225
    If I can make it below 220 by the end of the month, I will be happy. I think I was about 227 on the first. I lost 10 pounds in March, and not quite 10 in April. So if I can get close to, or hit another 10 in May, I will be thrilled.
  • slv06
    slv06 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All! I would love to ultimately lose 70 lbs. But for the month of May I would like to lose 10 lbs.
    CW- 194
    GW- short term 184
    long term- 125
    I feel like I do not know where to start. I could start with changing my food, which is more doable. The exercise is difficult with my work, school schedule and family life.

Let' take this journey together!!!!
  • Gamble97
    Gamble97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i love to join..

cw 332
    gw 312

we can do this
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this challenge. I am excited to do it. I don't know if I can make to onederland this time, but I plan on being closer to it.

CW:218

GW:208
  • NEGU0128
    NEGU0128 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi. I am a few days late, but I actually just came back to MFP Today. I need something to get my butt in gear so I would love to join you guys in this. I am headed on vacation June 2, I need all the help I can get.

SW (5/6) 224
    GW (5/31) 215
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    SW 202
    GW 190

Here's to obtaining our GW's!!!
  • kellymckibkib
    kellymckibkib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I haven't been on MFP for many months and would love to be apart of a community. I moved to a new state in the last year and while I am starting to get to know people I could use some support for weight loss.

My goal for this month is to exercise everyday for 30 min (light walking and gentle yoga) and log my food. I want to create new habits and be honest about what I am eating.

SW 215
    GW 195
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I haven't been on MFP for many months and would love to be apart of a community. I moved to a new state in the last year and while I am starting to get to know people I could use some support for weight loss.

My goal for this month is to exercise everyday for 30 min (light walking and gentle yoga) and log my food. I want to create new habits and be honest about what I am eating.

SW 215
    GW 195

Great goals! I believe you can achieve it! How has your first day or so gone?
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I started April 2 weighing at 220 lbs, current weight is 204. Almost there!
  • kellymckibkib
    kellymckibkib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My first day went great. I had started a few days before with the walking and yoga and I am really trying to make that my morning routine. Of course the first day I felt like I am starving bc you are thinking about everything you can't have. But it wasn't hard to stay under. I like to cook and so calorie counting sometimes takes the extra step of inputting a recipe. But I did one yesterday and hope to get a library going soon of our favorites.

My husband was super supportive and wants to do it too, but just wants to look over my shoulder at my profile. I told him he needs his own.

How are you doing?
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can get to onderland by May 31st but hey... I am up for a challenge!!

SW 221
    GW 199
  • ajsjourney
    ajsjourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How has everyone been doing so far on their goals? I have been blogging my experience. I weighed in this morning and dropped 1.6lbs since Wednesday so I am not only on track for loosing 20lbs in 31 days, I am a little ahead! Feel free to share your progress!

Im at 207 as of today, so 1 lb since May 1st....
  • fl042010
    fl042010 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am up for the challenge also! I started off weighing 215 and now 179. I hit a plateau and started running with the hubby. It is hard when you are top heavy. I have to basically duct tape them so that I can run comfortably. That is a challenge all by itself! LOL

My goal is to work out 6 to 7 days a week and trying to burn at least 500 a day! I ran 1/2 a mile yesterday in 6 min. I am proud of that and will be working harder to do 1 complete mile!!! To be honest I am 40ish and saw a skinny young girl trying to run the 1/2 mile with her hunky boyfriend and she quit before she could reach the 3/4 mile marker and that just pushed me even harder to say "look at this old lady doing it"!!! LOL

SW: 179
    GW: 159

:laugh: