Becoming Vegetarian-- Need good recipes

Options
AlexisJ330
AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
I am changing to a vegetarian diet and would like some advise. I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals. I will continue to each cheese, eggs, and milk. I love cooking and prefer not to eat frozen foods. Does anyone have any good easy healthy recipes or any good advice while I make the change.

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary, I eat mostly vegetarian. :flowerforyou:
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegtarian for 3 years now. Feel free to look at my diary! I cook a lot too.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    OP, there are TONS of websites out there for vegetarian diets. Check out skinnytaste and search on google... There are a few I tend to look at but can't think of them off hand.
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump---hoping this topic gets answers instead of arguments over the moral of vegetarianism.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have found some good recipes on fatfreevegan.com, yumuniverse.com/, skinnytaste.com and ohsheglows.com.
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    I have found some good recipes on fatfreevegan.com, yumuniverse.com/, skinnytaste.com and ohsheglows.com.

I forgot about ohsheglows!
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also eat mostly vegetarian. Check out vegweb.com, they have fantastic recipes!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I am changing to a vegetarian diet and would like some advise. I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals. I will continue to each cheese, eggs, and milk. I love cooking and prefer not to eat frozen foods. Does anyone have any good easy healthy recipes or any good advice while I make the change.

I am vegan, so you are more than welcome to check out my diary!

You've gotten some great websites here, but my favorites are theppk.com, ohsheglows.com, vegandad.com, veganyumyum.com, happyherbivore.com. If you like to cook and are interested in trying international recipes, ivu.org/recipes is chock full of delicious meatless recipes from around the world.

Cutting meat out of my life has made me feel much more at peace with myself - it's definitely been the healthiest choice I've made for my soul. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have about making this transition!
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Feel free to add me, any vegetarian/vegan/pesc. My diary is open to friends. I eat pescetarian, but not a whole lot of fish. Maybe we can get ideas from one another.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Anyways. I have a board on my pinterest that has lots of recipes, and I try to mark what I think of them after I've tried them. Instead of trying to pick out certain ones, here's the link to the board, and you can try whichever you want (you don't need a pinterest to view them) http://pinterest.com/crista_b/living-the-veg-life/

ETA: You can add me if you want, but my diary isn't open. I'll still share recipes if you want though! And I'm kind of a lazy cook so I try to use recipes that don't have ridiculously difficult to find ingredients or take days on end to prepare; I'm not a chef! LOL
  • shalontel1980
    Options
    May I add you? I need to learn how to do veggie recipes and being a Louisiana girl doesn't make it easy for me..lol. Thanks
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    Also, OP, check out Pinterest if you have an account. There are tons of amazing recipes there! A great source for a lot of things!!
  • AlexisJ330
    Options
    Thanks for the advise and links to recipes. I am excited to try them out.

As for the controversy, I respect everyone's opinion and I hope everyone can respect everyone else's opinion as well. We are all here to work on living healthy lives which can be done whether you ear meat or not. It is the protein and nutrients in meat that our bodies need and that protein can be found in other non-meat sources as well. Sorry if the fact that I am becoming a vegetarian offends anyone. There are more offensive things in this world, so lets us that energy to work on a real problem that needs to be addressed.
  • crista_b
    Options
    As for the controversy, I respect everyone's opinion and I hope everyone can respect everyone else's opinion as well. We are all here to work on living healthy lives which can be done whether you ear meat or not. It is the protein and nutrients in meat that our bodies need and that protein can be found in other non-meat sources as well. Sorry if the fact that I am becoming a vegetarian offends anyone. There are more offensive things in this world, so lets us that energy to work on a real problem that needs to be addressed.
    QFT!

Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of being vegetarian and I mentioned it on facebook and in order to avoid the controversy, I ended my status by saying "I don't tell you what to eat. Don't tell me what to eat. Thanks." Haha

ETA: Good luck! I hope you enjoy it!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you're like me if a recipe needs like 40 things count me out. I like to go to peta2's website, they are vegan recipes but can easily be made vegetarian and have few ingredients and little prep time. You can also go here for good vegetarian recipes http://www.vegetariantimes.com/
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    The OP said:
    I am changing to a vegetarian diet and would like some advise. I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals.

When you preface a thread with some statement like this, you are imposing your personal feelings where they do not belong. This sentence does not and should not be here, and if left out would have not gotten this agument started in the first place.

This is the problem right here,...OP said: [/quote] I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals.[/quote]
  • crista_b
    Options
    The OP said:
    I am changing to a vegetarian diet and would like some advise. I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals.

When you preface a thread with some statement like this, you are imposing your personal feelings where they do not belong. This sentence does not and should not be here, and if left out would have not gotten this agument started in the first place.

This is the problem right here,...OP said: I'm changing since I am feeling too guilty about eating animals.
    [/quote] [/quote]
    But even if that's the OPs reason, they were asking for advice for recipes, not someone being rude saying that people that don't eat meat aren't "normal". As part of the Terms for the forums, if that person didn't have anything useful to post (and posting that the OP should "get the **** over it and eat meat like a normal human being" is not useful), they are not supposed to reply.
  • AlexisJ330
    Options
    My mom always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all. I am looking for help and advice not criticism or cursing.
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    My mom always taught me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all. I am looking for help and advice not criticism or cursing.

Unfortuantely, when posting here you will always get criticism or cursing from some. Just try to ignore it.

There are however TONS of amazingly helpful people here!