How Can I change it up???

Options
For the past 2 months I've been heavy lifting 3 times a week along with badminton once a week and a couple of walks with the baby. I want to change things up to try and get some weight loss happening here. Iv'e been eating 1700cals per day since April 1st (I've only had 3-4 days where I went over) TDEE is 2100 approx.
This is how I was thinking of changing it up:
Heavy weights 2 times a week (just squats, deads, rows and OHP) 5*5
Badminton once a week
Run the trail twice a week with baby in jogger stroller. 30min approx
I also started work this month (combo of sitting half the day and the other half running around the building lifting stuff - not too heavy)
Is this gonna be enough change or what?
Thanks

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Also, April was the squat challenge and this month is the Crunch challenge.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Nestle Crunch is my favorite Candy bar.
    I'd think you want to avoid the half day sitting. That won't burn many calories. Can you add in an extra 1/2 day badminton instead?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd think you want to avoid the half day sitting. That won't burn many calories. Can you add in an extra 1/2 day badminton instead?

I would think badminton would be hard when you have big boobs. Unless you wear a really good sports bra.
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing or Pilates could be a fun way to mix things up
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

And for you - how do you think other office workers lose weight??? Play badminton when they are supposed to be on their *kitten* doing office work??? Hmmmmm?
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Jeez some of these replies are wacky already.... :noway:

Your plan sounds great, maybe throw in a few things you haven't tried from time to time, I love to do the different workouts on YouTube to try different stuff - kickboxing, interval training, dance routines, etc. just to mix it up and have fun. :)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Badminton! I used to love that game!

Ok. first, maybe with your new job you need to re-assess your TDEE
    changing your cal intake may help but wont show results for a couple weeks. That's sadly a lot of trial and error.
    Previous posters suggestions of adding in something like kickboxing and 30DS type workouts is a good idea too.

Anything that works out your whole body is great! Just keep active when you can and try to eat right :)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Man I love Badminton but it's been years! FUN stuff!
    Anyway, it looks like the change is from 3 days of lifting to 2 (minus you'll be doing lifting at work) and running instead of walks, correct? I think that sounds fine depending on your goals. What are your goals?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    My goal is to fit back into prepreg jeans. I weighed 140lbs when i wore them and never did heavy lifting. Now I am doing heavy lifting 3 times a week and I weigh somewhere in between 150-160lbs. Not really sure. I've used different scales and clothed and unclothed. I tried on a pair of size 28 jeans and I look like i need to shrink my belly about 4 inches in order to button them.